switching from studio tech to studio stick

queenofdisaster

hi ladies! i was wondering if anyone could help me :confused: compare these two! im looking for full coverage and wanted to know if the texture of these two were similar... i LOVE my tech, but need something that'll be a bit more full coverage.

liquidsirenhoney

not that this is any help i just tried studio tech for the first time and really don't like it as much as the studio fix...but i feel more comfortable with a full face..

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
the studio fix fluid? ive been thinking about that, too.. does it cover better than tech?

I noticed that it covers a lot better. It seems to cover everything.

queenofdisaster

lol... i have totally dry skin. so i'm gonna have to go try some of these out at a counter before i buy... but i'd still like some feedback on the stick if anyone can help...
greengrin.gif

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaciousv1114
how is it on oily skin? i need a new foundation, but something that can be used on oily skin with full coverage.

It's meant for oily skin and it does have full coverage I think. It has talc and silica that makes your skin look pretty matte and it looks a bit flaky on some of my dry spots so I need a bit of moisturizer with it sometimes.

M

I really like Studio Fix fluid, but I have to put something like Moisturgleam underneath or it's just too "dry" for my dry skin. I really like the stick, but trying to get full coverage from a stick can be tricky because it can look heavy. I like to use the stick and apply it with the 109, then conceal (I use KA SSE) and if you want even more coverage than a typical loose powder would give , use studio fix powder with the 182 brush.

The one downside to the SF liquid is that the colors do not match the other MAC colors. I'm NC15 and the SF liquid in NC15 is much too dark except for in summer when I have color:/

HTHS

cinnamongurlee

i have also discovered that the studio fix fluid run darker than i expected/am used to.

i have combo skin and i find that studiofix fluid stays put for the day. the coverage is more medium than full.

i find it harder to have oily-ish skin and have full coverage without the right powders and concealers...then conceal again where needed (like 'M' said!)

Latest posts