My "neighborhood"
smiles.gif

017_08A2.jpg

022_03A3.jpg

004_21A3.jpg

019_06A2.jpg

009_16A.jpg

SparklingWaves

I love that song by John Denver. It really just gives me goose bumps.

Oh, you live in "God's Country". These pictures are beautiful. I wish my neighborhood looked like this. My dogs would be so happy. I hope to one day live in area where my dogs can run free as their were meant to be.

Thank you so much for these beautiful pictures. What a nice gift for a glorious Sunday.

red

This beautiful countryside is only 55 miles from NY City
smiles.gif

I get to appreciate both the city and the country every day
cheerleader.gif

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That's awesome.
smiles.gif
I'll take pics out at my mom's house today and show you the COUNTRY!
greengrin.gif

Show me the country ... real country
cheerleader.gif

Hey I'm ready to sing "This land is your land, This land is my land, From California To the New York Island"
clap.gif

red

is that a dirt road I see as a driveway?
lmao.gif

absolutely love it ... yes it's God's country
graucho.gif

red

Quote:
I envy that, I've never been there or seen it.
smiles.gif

I've never seen a real cowboy
cutey.gif
or been to a rodeo
eyelove.gif
or cool stuff like that I hear about in Texas
clap.gif

are all the Texan men that handsome?
graucho.gif

MAC_Whore

Red:

Great pics! The pic of the Llama (or Alpaca-not sure) made me laugh. It made me think of Tina from Napoleon Dynamite! "Eat your dinner Tina! Daaang!"

Shimmer:

That driveway pic brought back some memories. When my dad was first developing the property we lived in for some time, we were the first house in the area, which was very forested. Until they paved the driveway, I had about a quarter mile of what felt like dried up river bed to navigate every day. I swear that ride knocked several brain cells out of commission.

MACATTAK

Beautiful pictures Red & Shimmer. Funny, I always think of NY as extremely fast-paced & busy (like the pics from your office window). It's great to see a different point of view
smiles.gif

Shimmer

I had to walk that stupid road to catch the bus for like 8 years. SUCKAGE. And if it was flooded and we'd bought groceries? Hello carrying 14 bags nearly half a mile. You couldn't even slog a wheelbarrow through that crap. :/

red

I can top dirt road
lmao.gif

There are bears up my way, and lots of them

One day I was getting my kids off to school, opened the front door and there was mama bear, papa bear, and the cub on the tree. Like you think I'm walking out that door?
cutey.gif

Chased them away with Oreos
cheerleader.gif
works everytime .. well almost
lmao.gif

red

Quote:
I had to walk that stupid road to catch the bus for like 8 years. SUCKAGE. And if it was flooded and we'd bought groceries? Hello carrying 14 bags nearly half a mile. You couldn't even slog a wheelbarrow through that crap. :/

lmao.gif

Shimmer

We have bear, emu, beaver, copperhead, rattlers, bobcat, turkey, small cougar, cottonmouth, coyote, fox, etc. I tell you, you'll nearly shit your pants when a bobcat jumps across the hood of your car while you're driving down the driveway.

red

Quote:
We have bear, emu, beaver, copperhead, rattlers, bobcat, turkey, small cougar, cottonmouth, coyote, fox, etc. I tell you, you'll nearly shit your pants when a bobcat jumps across the hood of your car while you're driving down the driveway.

no copperheads in NY, sorry
lmao.gif

yes, we've got turkeys, and big ones. At times they hold up traffic as they cross the road. And those freakin' deers are all over the place
th_remoteImage-61.gif
... I swear, forget Bambi and all that nice stuff, they are pests
cutey.gif

never seen a bobcat
smiles.gif