Teacher Gift Ideas?

AudreyNicole

I am looking for ideas for a gift for my son's teacher. He is in Kindergarten and his last day is Wednesday. I am a bit crafty, so I thought about making her something. But I am not opposed to buying something either, I just don't have any idea what. I have procrastinated as usual, and have until Wednesday to figure something out. Any ideas?

purrtykitty

Maybe you could make her a decorative nameplate or something seasonal to hang on her classroom door (or in the classroom).

CaseyKezerian

Teachers ranked thank-you cards from parents as their favorite holiday teacher gift idea, and edible treats as their least favorite. Other gifts from the heart, such as an autographed picture of the class, a picture drawn by a student, or a small photo album with note cards from children, were also mentioned as teacher favorites. “Truly the best gift a teacher can receive is a genuine expression of gratitude for their work, impact, or influence on a student or a class,” said Kathy, a high school teacher in Illinois.

http://www.pta.org/ne_press_release_detail_1134669371765.html

smiles.gif

TDoll

Spoken from a teacher...lol...any gift is sure to be appreciated, so don't sweat what it is.
Of course, crafty gifts are always great because she can keep it in her room forever, and she'll be sure to remember who gave it to her and think of your son when she sees it.
Gift certificates of any kind are always cool
smiles.gif
. They don't have to be big. Or what about a little bath or soap set from B&BW or something? Those are always fun to get.
I'm sure she'll love whatever you get for her!

User93

IMO it all depends on how close are you with the teacher, i mean, are there lots of ppl in the group where your son is, have you contacted her much before or you just wanna give her a little present.

Teachers are the women like all of us! Back in the days when i was entering my college and passing the exams i had an english teacher, we had a group of 4. So me and my Mom got her a Trussardi set of perfume and body lotion. And i was lucky, it worked out fantastic cause she loved the scent and even called us back to sat thanks! You can try getting her sonething for bath, or make-up, something not very expensive, but cute. Or maybe something for household, some nice home decorations etc? If you dont come up with any idea, you can just bring her flowers and cake..

Beauty Mark

I'm sure any thoughtful gift will be appreciated. Maybe have your son help pick it out or have him "write" a thank you note?

concertina

My Mom is a teacher and let me tell you, she doesn't need any more bath products/candles/candy/baked goods/apple stuff. The things she appreciates most are the photo albums parents put together, the coffee mug all the kids signed and then they had it sealed, the stuff that will help her remember that class forever. Also, school supplies! So much of what she uses she has to pay for out of pocket because the school just doesn't have the money. And she teaches in a *nice* district.

Gift cards are good too.
smiles.gif

hhunt2

If the teacher is a coffee or tea drinker, your son can paint on a blank mug (all found at art & crafts stores). He can write "#1 Teacher" or something cute like that.

glassy girl

Well this year i bought my sons teacher a very nice card (he's in 2nd grade) but when my son was in preschool i was close to his teachers cuz i volunteered alot so i went to this awesome bakery/fruitstand and got her and her helper and dutch crust apple pie and they LOVED it they were so excited to eat it and share it with there family( i got apple cuz u know how u give teachers apple's) They could not stop thanking me it was there first pie every givin by a student. But im sure what ever u think of will be great.

MACATTAK

I like the gift card idea! OT...my dad is a teacher & the funniest gift he ever got was a 3 pack of bikini style, leopard print underwear!
icon_eek.gif
We still laugh about it to this day, so as long as it's not that...you're all good!
winks.gif

iluffyew769769

I like the Gift card idea. Maybe to a nice dinner or spa. A framed picture of the class is always nice too because she can keep it in her classroom for years to come.

euphrosyne_rose

I work at a school in the office and I can say for sure that the teachers do get more than they need of bath products and food. I would say the best thing would be for your child to help you make something or even bring her some flowers. One of the kids did that last week (our last day was this past Friday) and it was a HUGE hit, especially because she told her teacher she picked them out.
Also, candles are good sometimes, but I wouldn't do that just because I've seen that was big as a gift too. Maybe a BBW Wallflower to plug into her room would be good.