Technique Question for...

Wattage

...MAs or really for anyone who applies makeup on someone other than themself.

When you apply liner to the inner lashlines on another person, how do you go about this? I am always scared of poking them in the eye! I have refrained from doing this because I don't know how to do it without having them blink.

When I do it on my own, I pull my bottom lashline down and apply. I still have trouble doing my upper on my own - I kinda end up pulling on my lashes :confused: I don't want to pull on their lashes though!

Any recs on how to do this would be awesome.

Thank you so kindly!

smiles.gif

martygreene

Generally I don't do it all at once. They WILL tear up, that's how it works. Keep a tissue handy, and learn to work around it. If you gently place your finger on their lid, and then slide their lid up towards their browbone (with eye open but relaxed) you can easily access the upper waterline and lashline for tightlining and the like. Similarly, place your finger just below the lower lashline, and gently slide it downward, and you can access the lower lash and water line this way.

lara

I generally gently raise the eyebrow, ask them to look away from my pencil and line the top waterline as quickly as possible. If I can get it in one stroke, they tear much less. If the client is particularly sensitive, I don't worry about it and instead darken more around the roots to compensate for it.
For the bottom waterline, I gently side it away from the eye and line it to a suitable depth of colour. I let the client blink as much as they want, as they tear less and don't pull away.

It takes a bit of practice, but we've all poked someone in the eye before.
winks.gif
It's like the first time you ever curl someone's lashes - it always goes bad! Just practice on a forgiving friend for a few times, and don't forget to sharpen your pencil and 'blunt' the tip before using it near the eye - much less chance of a nasty injury that way.
smiles.gif

Wattage

Thanks Ladies - I was actually kinda hoping both of you would reply. I will definitely keep these tips in mind next time. This is gonna take some practice!
smiles.gif

Latest posts