Thanksgiving...

CantAffordMAC

Yay! Its the time of year when we all gather to celebrate "Columbus" "finding" "America" and the pilgrims and Native Americans "sharing a feast" and "living peacefully together"
winks.gif

Anyways, what are you guys' plans for the holiday? And what foods are you looking forward/not looking forward to?

I'm staying at home for most of the day and eating, then me and my boyfriend may travel to his dad's house to eat, then go to his friends house.

I'm looking forward to:
-turkey
-mashed potatoes
-green beans
-sweet potato pie
-deviled eggs

I'm not looking forward to:
-cranberry sauce (ugh)
-stuffing

MACATTAK

I love cooking, so I always look forward to the cooking part! My mom and I do it together
smiles.gif

Looking forward to:
Turkey
Gravy
Cranberry concoction my mom makes
Homemade yeast rolls
Homemade mac & cheese
Delicious Apple pie my dad makes
Pumpkin pie

Not looking forward to:
Stuffing...don't like that stuff

aziajs

We always go to my grandparents' home. I am looking forward to see my cousin aka "the little badness"

P6140041.jpg

Other than that, I like sitting around and talking to my grandmother.

She'll prepare:
Greens
Turkey
Macaroni and cheese
Potato Salad
Dressing
Cranberry Sauce
Vanilla cake with chocolate frosting
Sweet Potato Pie
Rolls
... plus some other stuff

I am going to eat like a pig.

Jacq-i

Mmm! I'm looking forward to:
-Tofurky
-Whole Cranberries
-Mashed Potatoes
-Deviled Eggs

Yay, only a few days away!

susanks1

I am going to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I am looking forward to the mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie.

Hilly

Actually, I am not looking forward to it! How rotten is that...we are going to these people's house whom I don't like. I look forward to the parade on TV.
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Actually, I am not looking forward to it! How rotten is that...we are going to these people's house whom I don't like. I look forward to the parade on TV.
smiles.gif

Hilly get your a$$ up here, you're welcome to partake in our Thanksgiving feast.
greengrin.gif
Seriously though, what a horrible way to spend your day at someone's house who you don't even enjoy.
ssad.gif

We're having a veritable feast at my house, my MIL and I did all our Turkey Day shopping last night. I'm so excited!
choochoo.gif

nunu

I never had a thanksgiving meal (the reason is that we don't celebrate it), I'd love to try it sometime, sounds delecious!

SparklingWaves

I am to celebrate it in an old historic bar & grill outside of the big easy. I have no idea what my friends and family have in store in regards to the food this year. This is the 1st time that I am doing this. I love doing different things. Who knows what they will have? They may have gumbo on the menu. I am getting excited.

jilliandanica

I'm going up to the Bay for thanksgiving with my boyfriend.

Food I'm looking forward too...
Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, and this Persian stew that my bf's uncle makes!

Aside from the food I'm also looking forward to hanging out with his cousins and friends, Black Friday shopping, and God willing some snowboarding up in Tahoe. I'm praying for snow...

SingFrAbsoltion

I'm going away with my boyfriend and his friends. They want to make a thanksgiving dinner but I dont think any of them know how to cook
hmm.gif
We shall see what happens. Our dinner will probably end up consisting of hamburgers and beers.

MAC_Whore

His name was Columbus. He did find America. (Was he the first? Another question all together). It is called America. Yeah, some shared a feast. Things weren't too "peaceful" though. I'll give you that one.
winks.gif

My family is scattered all over the world, but DH and I are going to his dad's. We are going to deep fry a turkey (so I won't live as long as I would have liked).
lol.gif

Anyone ever make a Turducken for Thanksgiving?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Anyone ever make a Turducken for Thanksgiving?

I've never even heard of that, what is it?

blazeno.8

Even though I will be celebrating the day after, I'm looking forward to my new bottle of Italian wine.
In fact, since I'm really deciding what goes into this dinner and what doesn't, I'm looking forward to everything!
Sage Cheddar (and other smoky cheeses)
Italian Wine
Russian and German meats
European style bread
Spicy fruit chutney
Swedish berry jam...
plus the left overs that mom will bring me:
turkey
stuffing
candied yams... more traditional stuff.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I've never even heard of that, what is it?

Sounds like a turkey + a duck + a chicken, maybe?

How in the world...?

*Stargazer*

You put a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey and cook. Made famous by John Madden on Thanksgiving Day football games. Might explain why he looks like he's going to die anyday now, huh?

Marielle001

My dad makes the best stuffing! We never have leftovers of that (even when we have leftovers of everything else.) My dad is the cook in the family. He enjoys it and putters around all morning. Sometimes I help and make the cranberry sauce or cranberry bread or a pie.

Most of all though I can't wait to see my family and my dog!!!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug10678
You put a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey and cook. Made famous by John Madden on Thanksgiving Day football games. Might explain why he looks like he's going to die anyday now, huh?

That kind of made me gag a little. ew.