the 5-minute face!

MissMisah

ok..im sure we've all been in this situation...
where u wake up late...or just go on vacation and just cant handle bringing youre entire "kit" ... whatever the reason, you lack the time or makeup to do ur usual 'face'

...so i was wondering what everyone does in these situations? what do u factor out? what products do u use?

I need some recommendations cuz I still have to perfect this (youd think i would in college when i would sleep in and need to throw on a quicky face before goin to class...instead, i just throw on my sunglasses and hide in the back hehe
graucho.gif
) plus, now that its nearing summertime...i really dont feel like taking my usual 30-1hr to get ready and get all super made up!! ...onlee to sweat all my makeup off! eew!:|

[edit]
i just realized that this may better belong in the gen. makeup discussion...*shrug* so, please move if you need to! sorry!!
blush-anim-cl.gif

XxTinker_BellxX

usually, I grab concealer ( under eye circles) mascara, bronzer or blush, and a natural shade eyeshadow and black eyeliner. I use these as a grab n go so often that i usually have a set already in my purse
winks.gif
and the lipgloss STAYS in my purse lol. i dont wear foundation or powder really so that makes things easy for me too
greengrin.gif

*edit*
My list:
Physicians Formula-concealer twins yelow and the other side is medium (dark circles)

PF- baked bronzer, i hear the girls like to compare it to MSF

Loreal-le kohl pencil in onyx

CG-lash exact

mac pigment-coco works well for me

Hawkeye

This is my 5 minute fool proof face (so far)

MAC liquidlast liner in Dress Khaki above the eye (its a nice natural color that brings the green out)
Curl lashes use Shishiedo volumizing mascara in black (PRETTY)
MAC Strobe Cream on the cheekbones/browbone
MAC Style blush on the apples
MAC Unchanging prolongwear lipstick

and I'm good to go. If it weren't for the e/l no one would tell i was wearing makeup its a my look but better look
smiles.gif

koolmnbv

I wear strobe cream all over my face but kinda concentrate it a lil on cheek bones (if that makes sense) and a lil rub on my browbone

then bronzer dusted everywhere the sun hits naturally

peachy pink blush dusted lightly on cheeks and apples of cheeks (like NARS orgasm or MAC Cheek or Peaches or Loreal Front Page Peach something like this effect)

Mascara (cover girl lash exact in black/brown)

eyeliner pencil MAC powerpoint in stubborn brown

Then I would throw a nudish/pinky/peachy gloss in my purse then I have an extra MAC hug me lipstick in my purse so I would prob. apply that either on my way or after I arrived somewhere. mac hug me is kinda nudey w. a lil more on my lips (if applied lightly) and then the pinky/peachy/nudey gloss (im thinkin MAC prr) would balance the brown and put some pink into my lips.

It sounds like a lot but thats no more than 5 minutes at the most

Wattage

All this strobe cream talk - I should really try it...

I always do the following things in a 5 minute crunch:

- undereye concealer
- blush
- quick lipgloss
- light mascara

greengrin.gif
Thank goodness I am a student and can get away with being a perpetual slob!

asteffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage

greengrin.gif
Thank goodness I am a student and can get away with being a perpetual slob!

amen, to that sister!

my 5 min face:

*sunscreen mixed with pro gold iridescebtpowder, strobe cream in selected areas (read: EYES!)
*blot powder
*put my brows on (yes, yes. i know HAHA!)
*curled lashes w/ mascara
*a TLC w/ spf

yes, i am a little anal retentive about SPF

Nick

Mine is: moisturizer, concealers (Yes, I use two.), Luminary Lustreglass, Foxy Lady Kohl to upper lashlines only, mascara, any soft pink or peach blush.

Spenser

Every school day is a 5 min face day, it's just not worth it to get all made up for class...and I am always running late no matter how early I get up.

So my 5 min face is: moisturizer with SPF, lip balm, and lipgloss.

I bring a makeup emergency kit though so that after (or during if I'm really bored) my early classes I can feel human:
Studio Fix, Fix+ in a mini spritzer, Viva Glam lip pallette, Laze eyes quad, mini bare canvas paint, Lash Perfection mascara, mini Chanel N5, and various sample size lotions and potions.

user3

Well first, figure out what features you want to play up or if you just want a fresh looking face.
Next, figure out what items you just can't go without wearing.
Last, try to find double duty items to help shorten your routine.

For example:
I use mineral foundation. It can double as a concealer for my face.
Nars Multiples can be lip stick or blush.

Here is my simple face: Foundation, some type of gloss, balm, or l/s, mascara, blush, brow powder

When I travel I usually take 2 colors of blush. One for a fresh look, and the other for an evening look incase we dine out.
I always take a lip balm or TLC, and 1 gloss. I am not a huge l/s fan and typically I like to apply l/s w/a mirror. Gloss is easier to apply.
For day I just use a Lip smackers because it's simple and if I loose it no big deal.

aziajs

I have to second the NARS multiple. I have South Beach and use it as eyeshadow, lipstick (Sooooo pretty), and blush. Then I threw on some mascara. That's it. Oh, I used UDPP on my lids first.

mitsukai

it used to just be concealer & mascara but after discovering MAC... <3 lol

i'm in love with the matte finish of studio fix fluid and it takes SUCH a short time to put on so that with the 187, my brows, mascara. that's the SUPERfast face.

if i have a bit more time, a hint of blush (usually springsheen) and one e/s, maybe 2 colors, something simple like bronze or woodwinked.

~LadyLocks~

Talk about 5 min. face...lol. That was my motto today...lol

That includes:

Oil of Olay SFP15 moisturizer (non-greasy)
undereye concealer
blot powder
woodwinked lightly on the lid
black eye liner on my upper waterline so my eyes stand out more
Maybeline great lash black mascara
bronzer on my cheek bones
M.A.C. lip conditioner

and walla...

-your 5 minute face-

laurenmo88

wow these are all interesting and some similiar!

my 5 minute face is:
strobe cream all over
melba blush on cheeks
base light paint on the eyes
RIMMEL jet black eye pencil (tightline/waterline/upper and lower eyelids)
REVLON FABULASH in blackest black intense (this is my HG item, i would never leave the house w/o it on!)
and...no lips
smiles.gif

hope u enjoyed my rendition

MissMarley

Me:
Maybelline Pure Foundation or Age Rewind foundation on blotchy patches
Clinique All About Eyes concealer under eyes

MAC Pink Swoon blush

Lovely Lily, Goldenaire, or Melon wash

Maybelline Full n' Soft mascara

MAC Lustreglass in Morning Glory or Pinkarat

Shimmer

tinted moisturizer. I've recently accidentally found some by wetnwild of all brands and it's quite nice actually...so yay.
Lash exact. Black.
honeylust e/s.
sonia kuskak cheek stick in beach bum.
whichever lipgloss I grab, and that could be lip venom or it could be sweetie cake or something by clinique.
smiles.gif

Usually that takes less than 3 minutes.
smiles.gif

user79

- Wash face & moisturize with Olay Complete (has spf 15)
- powder all over with big powder brush
- blush on cheeks (I switch between Nars Orgasm, MAC Blushbaby or Pink Swoon)
- concealer under eyes
- Mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof or Cover Girl Lash Exact)
- lipgloss (whatever I feel like that day)
- brow wax

If I have an extra 2 minutes I put on MAC Paint in Untitled and a neutral e/s like Woodwinked or Mulch.

alysia

-Neutrogena SPF15 moisturer
-With a blush or 187 brush Sunspecked Pearl Beauty Powder all over & a bit more conectration on the cheeks
-Neutral Eyeshadow combo like Brule + All that Glitters
-Mascara
-Lipglass

user4

for a quick face i do

be foundation... with the kabuki brush (so quick)
gold deposit msf... love this stuff and really quick app with 187
tempting tillie... love it!!!
diorshow mascara

DONE!

MAC_Whore

-Strobe Cream
-MAC Select Tint SPF 15
-Refined Golden Bronzer for blush
-Select Cover Up concealor under eyes and on lids
-Curl lashes, then Diorshow Mascara
-Deluxe Tinted Chapstick SPF15 in Pinky

-Maybe some Teddy or Prunella liner, or tight line with Smut ES if time allows