the bank.

user46

yea, so fuck the bank. i HATE using my bankcard cuz something ALWAYS happens and i end up with a damn negative balance. grrrrr. then they charge you like 30 dollars for each thing. ridiculous.

ShexyKristin

OMG I KNOW! I was charged $11 + $30 when I tried to put 11 bucks into my paypal and I didn't have it, so they charged me an extra $30! WTF GARRHHH!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I went to the bank yesterday to cash a 50 dollar check , and since The check came from wells fargo (i wont ever bank here again) and I was right next to a wells fargo, I gave it a go,

they wanted to charge me 5 dollars to cash the fuckin thing!! i said "nope I dont think so" thennn they wanted 2 forms of Id but refused my social security card!! in the end I got what I wanted but I hate all their run around shit.

CantAffordMAC

I have yet to go into the negatives with my bank account. (I've only had it for 7-8 months) but I think I'm pretty good at it. But mistakes can always happen.
One time, a newb @ Commerce put my check into the wrong account (300+ dollars) haha but I got it fixed like 15 minutes later. Then the next day I went online to see my balance, and it was -$26. So I knew something was wrong. Then I went to Commerce and got it fixed again. It wasn't a big worry of mine, because they messed up, not me. And it got fixed.

I hate the way banks work though. Its kinda confusing.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I went to the bank yesterday to cash a 50 dollar check , and since The check came from wells fargo (i wont ever bank here again) and I was right next to a wells fargo, I gave it a go,

they wanted to charge me 5 dollars to cash the fuckin thing!! i said "nope I dont think so" thennn they wanted 2 forms of Id but refused my social security card!! in the end I got what I wanted but I hate all their run around shit.

Ugh don't even get me started on that. I used to work at a convenient (convenience?) store that banked at First Union (which is now Wachovia) and there are none of those around here. So i had to get all my checks cashed at a check cashing place (too young to have a checking account in my own name). What a hassle.

And since when does everyone NOT accept social security cards and birth certificates?? Daaaamn, what more can you ask for than that?? I don't have a drivers license yet, so all I have is my school ID, and of course thats not good enough. I wish I could use my cosmetology license.
rofl.gif

sitasati

Oh ..gosh. I've had so much trouble with my bank it's just stupid. But what I do suggest you do is set up a Overdraft protection so that way if you do go into negative they will take out the money from your savings account (if u have one) and only charge u like 5 bucks per negative transaction instead of 30. Also try to use "DEBIT" for purchases instead of "CREDIT". DEbit is when you put your pin number in ..its very very convienient trust me. Because A. You don't sign anything and B. the charge goes through in a day or two so you don't have to worry about merchants going into your account later when you don't have funds to cover the charge.

MiCHiE

I love banks. I have 6 accounts, 2 savings and 4 checking. Don't ask why...long story. Now the only thing I don't like is, naturally without paying attention, I have overdrafted on my accounts by using the wrong ones. I've also experienced being able to pay for something with not enough funds and not catching the mistake until it was too late to make a transfer. I, however, hate bank fees---all of my accounts are totally free---so I try not to incur thru any fault of my own.

The best checking account I would recommend is ING's Electric Orange. They have automatic Overdraft Protection that is included when you open the account.

Hilly

I wrote a check for $5.00 and it cashed for $500! It was terrible!
I was stressed all night long about it and went to the bank first thing next morning.

If you get overdraft fees, ask for the bank to reverse them since it's your first time and whatnot (even if it isnt, still ask). They usually will. I had money probs when I was a broke as college student lol. I speak from experience!