the best for pigments..

User34

what is the best way to apply pigments? alone or with somthing as a base or using that mixing medium.. which I have no idea what it is =/
I bought a set of the mini pigments and I want to use them but when I tried I got it all over me face..lol.. i'm still new to this. any suggestions are appreciated...also.. what could I use the pearlette pearlizer sheer pigment as? I bought it as a impulse buy and now can't find the receipt to return it.

pumpkincat210

Pigments are fun! To get them to stick better try them over a MAC paint..Stilife is a nice color that won't alter the pigment color. Mixing Medium is good too, it makes the colors more vibrant and metallic. but you can only get it at the pro store or from ebay. Well, since you live in Queens, there is a mac pro store in NYC somewhere...
When applying pigments tap off the excess first. A little goes a long way. you can also dust some face powder on your cheeks before you put the pigment on so after you can just dust it all off and it won't stick. Hope this helps!

Shawna

I second the tapping off the excess pigment. It makes a big difference. I prefer the shadesticks or ccbs for pigment use though. They are stickier, and the pigment holds better. If I am using a flakey pigment (like rose) I will put a tissue under my eye to catch the flakes. As for the pearlette pearlizer, I have been using it as an eyeshadow, a highlighter, blush.......it is very versatile once you play with it.

user3

You can use the pearlette as a face highligther.
I also use MAC paints as a base for my pigments. I find that if I don't the pigments tend to crease on me. I have very oily eye lids. The medium mixing is used to help adhere the pigments to your skin. This will make them last longer and you turn them into a wet eyeliner. I put a drop or two in the cap of the medium mixing and dip my brush into that and then the brush into the pigment. Don't forget to wash out the medium mixing cap before putting it back on. Using the pigment wet does make it a bit harder to blend so I would practice the technique.
You can always use scotch tape to take off any excess pigment that falls on your face. A fan brush will also work.

Latest posts