the PERFECT nude?!

Mandy Bayou

hey guys, i've been searching all over the net for my perfect nude lippy... but i really cannot for the life of me choose.
I'm looking for a rather pale beige, with orange tones rather than pink. I was thinking of freckletone, but i've heard in real life it's more brown.
But i want something light..

i've come to the conclusion, that i think these YSL lipsticks called "natural honey" and "natural beige" (again can't decide between the 2)
look wonderful.
YSL_ls_26_beige.jpg

YSL_ls_27_honey.jpg

Can someone please rec me something the same in mac, because these ysl's are impossible to find

swatches of any similar nudes would be amazing also!

many thanks

misslolipop

What exactly is your skintone?

I use Myth lipstick from MAC, which looks pretty similar to your YSL lipsticks. It's a really good nude for really pale skin, but it is really drying. To counteract it, I use it in combination with a bit jelly babe lipgelee.

HTH

iluvmac

I have Freckletone and it's not brown at all, IMO! It could be the one you're looking for.

Mandy Bayou

it's like a light olive. I'm not exact of my mac foundation shade, as i use chanel.. but i've been told i'm probably nc25.

What do you think of N2 lipstick?
i'm leaning towards that right now

Mandy Bayou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I have Freckletone and it's not brown at all, IMO! It could be the one you're looking for.

what about on lighter skin tones though?
would it show as more orange/beige than brown... cause thats what i'm after!

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Bayou
it's like a light olive. I'm not exact of my mac foundation shade, as i use chanel.. but i've been told i'm probably nc25.

What do you think of N2 lipstick?
i'm leaning towards that right now

I have 2N but I rarely wear it. It's definitely a beige nude, but it's very pale. It might be more pale than what you're looking for. Myth has been mentioned, and maybe Fleshpot might be worth trying too?

Mandy Bayou

maybe i should just splurge on that $45 ysl then.
haven't even seen it in person though, so imagine if it's totally different
thmbdn.gif