those bottom lashessss...

ch33tah

so i purchased those bottom lashes all the MA's are wearing now... with the promise that they are super easy to apply.... umm after getting home and struggling for over 15 minutes i finally gave up. they are near impossible to put on... and i'm no newbie at lash application.

there has to be some sort of a trick at applying bottom lashes.

anyone have any suggestions or tricks?

thanks ;]8)

Wontpayretail23

I have yet to see these. I'd take them back to the counter (especialy to one of the MA you see wearing them) and ask for application techniques. Hey, if they have them on they can show you how they get theirs flawless.

calbear

I'll throw a few things out there to try and help you out cause bottoms can be tricky. I usually use cut up versions of the top lashes turned upside down as bottom lashes because they are easier. I usually cut up some 7's and just put them on the outer half of my eye and extra mascara on the inner lashes to match. The outer portion is easier to work with.

Practice with some old lashes your not using anymore until you become a pro. Typically I look down and tilt my head down so that my lashes are out of the way. It is really important that the glue is almost dry cause working in that area is hard and it's easier if you can just stick them where you want it without them moving around.

I also don't pull the area down (you know how some people pull their lid taut when applying top lashes)because it puts my real lashes back in the way making it harder for me.

I also start with the inner corner with bottoms because that inner corner can feel really weird if placed tooo close.

I hope some of this helps.

ch33tah

Thanks for the info. I think I will take them back to the counter and see my friend who is a MA there and ask for her to show me how to apply them. can't hurt. i've got this eyelash adhesive... but it's clear and stings my eyes. i need to go buy the other stuff instead.

i really watn to wear them but they are a bitch to put on! :O

user79

Victoria, you should go buy the Duo glue at the MAC counter. It's not on display but they do sell it. It is the best eyelash glue you can use, and beats all of that drugstore crap that never sticks.

I find it actually easier to apply bottom lashes than on the top b/c I don't blink so much. What I do is I use a toothpick to apply a bit of the Duo glue to the lashline where the hair is fastened, it's usually a very thin strip of plastic. Then I use those eyelash grip holder things to just push the lashes into place BELOW my natural bottom eyelash hairs. I'm no sure where you are placing them, but they go just underneath your own hair.

Then I use tweezers to adjust both ends so they are at the right spot. For this to work, you will need to trim the lashes accordingly to the right size. They should be just the length of, or a bit shorter than, your own lashline.

The Duo glue is really sticky so you don't have to wait too long before you stick them on, and it holds all night on me.

Hope that helps!

Oh btw, I also use normal drugstore lashes and just flip them upside down, the Quo ones I buy at Pharmasave. ;-)

Latest posts