Transit shooting

kariii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
he may have been advised by his department to not issue a statement until the internal affairs investigation done by the department is over for fear of compromising their own investigation.

He's not cooperating with internal affairs either. he resigned something like 7 days later. He won't give any information because his lawyer has advised him to 'plead the 5th'. EVEN the BART director has said that the BART police have "mishandled" this situation.. I think that alone says enough?

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariii
The only thing that saddens me in this situation is the protesters outside the BART station broke windows of over dozen of businesses in the area and 105 of the people were arrested. The business owners do not deserve this.

I enjoy the irony of a boatload of people running around San Francisco with signs that say "Stop the Violence" and then smashing a bunch of shit. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion so go for it.

Kimmy, you have some great posts on here.

And here's mine:

Nobody knows exactly what happened unless you were there, unless you were one of the other cops there with the guy..unless you heard every conversation they had. The situation is just mind blowing..now you got a bunch of young bucks running around cities breaking sh&t thinking it's gonna do something for them. How does breaking random citizens vehicle windows or business owners windows that had nothing to do with the situation gonna help? You think that's gonna prove a point? I saw in particular a young lady speaking to the news guy how horrible the cops are & how this was such a violet act etc but she's cheering on the people who are destroying the streets, I mean seriously, WTF is that?

Now for the race issue, would you think it was a racist act if the guy who got shot was white? What would be your opinion than?

I'm not defending Johannes nor am saying what he did was wrong. I believe that Johannes left to Nevada for not only his safety but his family's safety.

My condolences to Oscar Grant's family.

Another thing that saddens me is the death threats towards Mr. Mehserle's family. His wife just gave birth January 2..I understand the anger towards Johannes but death threats towards his family is unreasonable to me? Yes, the death of Oscar is a tragic event but wanting death for the officer's family makes no sense to me? Are you gonna kill all his family..gonna kill everybody who knows him too?

Grant's family said that there were racial slurs used during his arrest & that's why they believe this was a racial act. I don't believe ANY of his family members were standing next to him during this event, were they? And everybody is saying how great of a dad Oscar was to his 4 year old daughter and what a GREAT guy he was..Grant was sentenced to 16 months to a state prison 2 yrs ago after fleeing a traffic stop and he was armed with a loaded pistol & was also convicted of drug dealing..he was released Sept. 23 of 2008. What a great guy right?

But hey this is just my opinion.

LIKE I SAID I'M NOT DEFENDING JOHANNES NOR AM I AGAINST HIM. JUST MY THOUGHTS & MY RIGHTFUL OPINIONS.

TISH1124

I don't think anyone on this thread has condoned or said that the maliciuos behavior is appropriate. I don't think his family or innocent business owners should be targeted for the actions of another. I think the law should take care of crime and punishment. I do not believe in riots, threats etc. I doubt that very few people commenting on this thread does. My point of the thread at the time it stared was simply shock at the whole incident...and I am still amazed at the whole incident at this time. I feel sorry that both families involved are having to go through these tragic circumstances, In my opinion that stemmed from a UNNECESSARY act of violence. That is my Opinion. I also don't think that just because you have a criminal background that warrants you being shot in the back....And Again it is not about color...it is about Right from Wrong....period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I don't think anyone on this thread has condoned or said that the maliciuos behavior is appropriate. I don't think his family or innocent business owners should be targeted for the actions of another. I think the law should take care of crime and punishment. I do not believe in riots, threats etc. I doubt that very few people commenting on this thread does. My point of the thread at the time it stared was simply shock at the whole incident...and I am still amazed at the whole incident at this time. I feel sorry that both families involved are having to go through these tragic circumstances, In my opinion that stemmed from a UNNECESSARY act of violence. That is my Opinion. I also don't think that just because you have a criminal background that warrants you being shot in the back....And Again it is not about color...it is about Right from Wrong....period.

As I do as well feel sorry for both families. I never said that having a criminal background warrants you to getting shot in the back..I brought up his background because everybody is feeding the public that he was such an innocent and great guy. Right from wrong true, but there are a few people in this thread that strongly believe it's about color. Who knows maybe Johannes did shoot him because he was colored and maybe he didn't.

Violence sucks, period. But we can't stop it as much as we may try. Cop or no cop..

Grant's grandfather said:
''We got to stop these people who have a gun and a badge and a license to kill.''

I don't quite agree with what he said.

TISH1124

I actually haven't kept up with much of the story as far as what they are saying about the victim...I am in Texas so it is not really everyday news here....So to be completely honest I know nothing about his background or if he was a good or bad guy...until reading it now....My only point was the death was terribly unwarranted IMO...and I would not have personally cared if it was a white guy or a black guy being shot by a white or black officer....
At the time I first started the post I did not even know the victims actual race...it had just flashed on the screen here on CNN and I was trying to get more information..I certainly couldn't tell from the film they were showing what his skin color was...I couldn't
I don't feel the crime AT The Time warranted the punishment of death that he received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I actually haven't kept up with much of the story as far as what they are saying about the victim...I am in Texas so it is not really everyday news here....So to be completely honest I know nothing about his background or if he was a good or bad guy...until reading it now....My only point was the death was terribly unwarranted IMO...and I would not have personally cared if it was a white guy or a black guy being shot by a white or black officer....
At the time I first started the post I did not even know the victims actual race...it had just flashed on the screen here on CNN and I was trying to get more information..I certainly couldn't tell from the film they were showing what his skin color was...I couldn't
I don't feel the crime AT The Time warranted the punishment of death that he received.

I'm just sorry that a situation like this happened, in whatever case and wherever this could've happened.

It's a sad and tragic event for both families.

Thanks for starting this thread though..I've been thinking of the situation since it happened.

Prinsesa

I have mixed feelings about this video..I hate certain cops, the ones who think they're above the law. Correct me if I'm wrong but why was the victim there in the first place? And what are those offences that he made that he had to do jail time in '07 and '08. I think that the cop was at fault for shooting him..if the victim was trying to threaten him etc, he should've just pulled out a taser and not a gun.

I've read a few posts and if the victim wasn't involved in the fight in the first place, he would still probably be alive. I don't want to sound like a bitch here but why get yourself in trouble by fighting in a public area (where kids can be at) where cops would OBVIOUSLY show up.

All in all, I think it's the cops fault for being dumb or pretending to be dumb.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
i'm saying this because in my opinion, i saw no reason for these cops to have gotten so hostile in the first place......

idk.
maybe he said something to the cops that ticked them off but this is just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
again though, you only see what happened from the time the video started recording. you didn't see the text of the call, you didn't hear the dispatch tape, you haven't seen this man's record, you didn't see what happened when the police first arrived.

the reporting party could have told dispatch that this man had tried to rob him/her at gunpoint, this man could have a record filled with violence, he could have had a felony warrant out for his arrest. only the police who showed up at the scene know those details.

agreed 100% which is why i'm only speaking from the vids i watched. i know those things are a factor but like i said, from what i saw, in my opinion, i didn't see anything that warrented them wrestling him to the ground.....

ohsoshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsesa
I have mixed feelings about this video..I hate certain cops, the ones who think they're above the law. Correct me if I'm wrong but why was the victim there in the first place? And what are those offences that he made that he had to do jail time in '07 and '08. I think that the cop was at fault for shooting him..if the victim was trying to threaten him etc, he should've just pulled out a taser and not a gun.

I've read a few posts and if the victim wasn't involved in the fight in the first place, he would still probably be alive. I don't want to sound like a bitch here but why get yourself in trouble by fighting in a public area (where kids can be at) where cops would OBVIOUSLY show up.

All in all, I think it's the cops fault for being dumb or pretending to be dumb.

Last I've read, it still wasn't known if he was fighting or not.

PMBG83

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I think skin color had a little more to do with it than a lot of you want to believe.

I completely agree with you mami. Im always amazed at how quickly race ISNT(or thought not to be) an issue in these situations, mindboggling to me(well not really). Actually alot of these shooting have been occurring all over the country, that fine a** anchor on CNN was doing a cover of several stories like these last week or so. Oddly enough all stories involved young black males "thought to have stolen something" or "fit the description of" but ugh how did I already guess that before the reasons were given****rolls eyes****

TISH1124

^^ Must be talking about my Love Anderson Cooper....hummm I have been listening to him all thru the inauguration....Love him!

PMBG83

Well not to dim down his hotness but no, this one is a young light skin black dude...damn I cant remember his name!

TISH1124

Yeah he is a Hottie

tjholmes.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBG83
I completely agree with you mami. Im always amazed at how quickly race ISNT(or thought not to be) an issue in these situations, mindboggling to me(well not really). Actually alot of these shooting have been occurring all over the country, that fine a** anchor on CNN was doing a cover of several stories like these last week or so. Oddly enough alll stories involved young black males "thought to have stolen something" or "fit the description of" but ugh how did I already guess that before the reasons were given****rolls eyes****

-----