Trip to NY from Germany- where should I shop???

leogecko

Hi ladies,

next month (June) me and my boyfriend are making a 10-day-trip to New York City.
yahoo.gif
party.gif
th_thstars.gif

I convinced my baby that it is absolutely necessary to spend at least 4 days shopping, but to be honest I need some tips.
SOS.gif

So far, we´ve planned to spend a day at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlet, Macy´s and Bloomingdales are on the list too, and the MAC Pro Shop for sure.
th_happy1.gif

I´ve read about Target, Ulta, CWS, Sephora and Michael´s, who have many things we don´t get in Germany. Could you please tell me if and where (adress?) I can find them in NY?
th_dunno.gif

Brands I´m looking for are Stila, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Philosophy, Nars, Becca, Shu Uemura...all the good stuff we don´t have here.
thmbdn.gif

I am sooo excited about this trip, the Empire State Building, MOMA, Brooklyn Bridge, Chinatown,..... and as a Beautyaddict even more.

I would really appreciate any tips, (beauty-)shopping or NY-Insidertips.

bouquet.gif
Thanks, leogecko

mommymac

Oh boy, you're in for a treat, I don't live in NY but I've been there 4 times so here goes my suggestions: MAC Pro, there are several MAC stores in the city they can tell you how to get there; a hugh Sephora store on 6th I think, Macy's has 2 MAC counters in it and be sure to at least check out H & M no make-up just clothes. I'm sure the girls (guys) in NY can give you a better round up but have a great time. And be very sure to bring comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking. Check the internet, Google New York and plan, because there is a lot to see and do you wouldn't want to miss something. I'm trying to plan a trip there for June as well but not sure what part of June.

leogecko

@mommymac: Thanks for the information about Sephora!! I wasn´t quite sure if there is one downtown. That´s naive, isn´t it?
ohboy.gif

Yes, comfortable shoes, so no high heels for me!
I want to see as much as I can, but 10 days?? This will end with no sleep!

I´ve been to Miami, but I think nothing is comparable to New York City!
I mean 220 shops in the Woodbury Common?? I just can´t imagine!
th_drool.gif

We have H&M in Germany
thmbup.gif
, but there are brands like Bitten or Topshop (inexpensive but nice), I will be looking for, too.

_Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogecko

I´ve been to Miami, but I think nothing is comparable to New York City!
I mean 220 shops in the Woodbury Common?? I just can´t imagine!
th_drool.gif

We have H&M in Germany
thmbup.gif
, but there are brands like Bitten or Topshop (inexpensive but nice), I will be looking for, too.

Woodbury is HUGE!!! I was there before, there is even a small store with MAC products!!! I bought there 3 beauty powders from the catherine deneuve LE, Liquidlast liner for 6 dollar and a lady danger lipstick for 5
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
that totally made my day!

When visiting woodbury, make sure you go to the visitors center to get a coupon book.

Chic 2k6

seriously go Woodbury Common for discount makeup and designer brands! it's about an hour coach ride from Manhattan, you can get tickets from tour guides or Port Authority bus terminal.

If you're ever in SoHo and like funky street stuff, be sure to check out Yellow Rat Bastard. i love that store!

leogecko

Meanwhile I´ve read some travelinfos and bought a travelguide of NYC, but I think I have even more questions now!!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Would you recommend the Century 21 near Ground Zero? A girl wrote that you get very nice clothes for good prices in there, but you have to take care for your life, because the other ladies are that mean and brutal??
fight.gif

_Ella_

Century 21 is good! And no, you don't have to be afraid of the ladies over there, German H&M is worse!
winkiss.gif

My personal tips from my previous NY visits : Century 21, Woodbury, Commons, Patricia Fields shop, Filenes Basement (you have to search really well to find something, but they got some treasures out there! I bought an amazing DKNY coat, which was hidden under some crappy laqcuerjackets..
thmbup.gif
), Saks fifth av, Bloomingdales and I surely recommend visiting a Duane Read... I'm used to DM, Rossmann, Müller German Drugstores and stood like hours in front of all these shiny pills, toothbleachingstuff, shampoo and cosmetics... I was amazed
th_LMAO.gif

leogecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ella_
Century 21 is good! And no, you don't have to be afraid of the ladies over there, German H&M is worse!
winkiss.gif

girlhaha.gif
th_shake2.gif

What is Duane Read?
th_dunno.gif

_Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogecko
girlhaha.gif
th_shake2.gif

What is Duane Read?
th_dunno.gif

a "drogeriemarkt"
th_DANCE.gif
to speak in german terms

leogecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ella_
a "drogeriemarkt"
th_DANCE.gif
to speak in german terms

Oh, thanks a lot!
thmbup.gif
, because I am really looking for a "drogeriemarkt" for skin-/haircare and cosmetics that´s not as expensive as MAC, etc.

OMG, I know I will return with an extra travelbag full of beautyitems!
tong.gif