Trip to Paris

cho0chylan3y

I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow night and i was wondering if anyone had been there[or lives there] and had any reccomendations of things to do/go/see. I'm going to go to all the big tourist things[Champs Elysees, Louvre, Notre Dame etc etc] so don't recommend that! I'm really excited to go since it'll be my first time. I really wanna go shopping so if there are any stores that are excellent for shoes, clothes, and more things that i really can't get in the US then please let me know. Thanks a lot girls[and guys] <3

singinmys0ng

ive never been but ive heard there are great shopping places to go and that people are kinda bitchy lol but i hope you have fun and do tell us how it was when you get back and tell us what cool things you bought!

Alison

Lucky you! Have fun and be sure to tell us all about it
winks.gif

beautifulxdisaster

If you get the chance, go to visit Marmande. My aunt's restaurant is there ^_^

edit: I just realized you are only going to Paris, sorry! I misunderstood.

ms.marymac

Pritemps (sp?) is a big department store that has lots of pretty things,when I went I just looked though. I know you said not to list tourist traps, but I hope Pere La Chaise is on your list, it's very cool.

Oh, and if you at least try to speak French, the people are very nice and will speak English for you (if they can)-at least that's the experience I had. Actually, not sure if they are still bitter with us as of late. Better tell them you are from Canada, lol. (J/K)

Edited to add that you can find Phytotherapie products pretty cheap over there, I picked up a few products from a pharmacy while I was there.

cho0chylan3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Actually, not sure if they are still bitter with us as of late. Better tell them you are from Canada, lol. (J/K)

LOL! My friend is actually coming with me and he was like "if anyone asks where you're from tell them you're from Montreal. They'll be SO much nicer to you." So funny you should mention that. Thanks for the tips though i've never heard of Pere la Chaise so i'll definately check that out too.