True, true NEWBIE needing help!! :)

cindysilver4

Hello everybody! I've been lurking here for a while, and I thought I'd finally join and ask for advice from you lovely people
smiles.gif

I'm 24, pale/freckled with light green eyes and blond hair. I've always been low-maintenance makeup-wise, using Lancome products mostly -- my daily routine would include mascara, lip gloss, a little eyeshadow in only one color, and Lancome's dual-action powder (a bit thick so it's like a foundation at the same time).

But... I have a good friend who always has amazing makeup, and I finally got to play around with her MAC collection -- and I am JEALOUS! I want to learn how to do the "cool eye makeup" looks! She taught me some things, but my own makeup collection is relatively small, and I basically have no experience with blending or brushes.

I've meandered through lots of your tutorials and reviews, but I still can't find a post that is for the TRUE NEWBIE. First-timer, I mean. I own no MAC at all.
winks.gif
(Yet.)

I am interested in a short list of starter products -- maybe a lid primer, a few eyeshadows, a brush or two. Do any of you have a short list of suggestions, must-haves, that I could pick up at the Macy's nearby? I'd like to spend under $100 at first
smiles.gif

Anyway, thank you for ALL your amazing posts and picture tutorials -- even with my limited lancome eyeshadows and blushes, I've been able to attempt some of them -- and they look great!

Hope to see more of you all
smiles.gif
Thanks again for any suggestions
smiles.gif

Janice

Welcome to Specktra!
wavey.gif

I've moved your thread to reccomendations where you'll get more input on your specific questions. :thumbsup:

cindysilver4

Thanks for the welcomes! You are so sweet!!
smiles.gif
I think the first thing I'm going to pick up is some Eye Primer. It seems that any time I try to pack on eyeshadow, it ends up just rubbing off -- I need to prime first! And I think I'll get Static Fix foundation too. What do you guys think?

hypergrl273

Hi! you've come to the right place for makeup advice. You could try out the urban decay primer potion or MACs paints for e/s primers. And I think you meant to say studio fix (the powder foundation) which would be a great choice if you don't need lots of coverage.

cindysilver4

Thanks again! Today I went and bought my very first MAC cosmetics... Studio Fix powder foundation in N4, an eyeshadow (Shale), and a shadestick (Beige-ing)
smiles.gif
Thanks for the help and welcomes!

Latest posts