UDPP vs. MAC Eye Prep & Prime

MacAtFirstSight

^UDPP: urban decay primer potion

edit to note:
Urbandecay.com is having friends and family 30% off sale so it's a good time to stock up on the primer potions or the eyeshadows xD

code is FFH30
ends on Nov 18th i believe.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAtFirstSight
^UDPP: urban decay primer potion

edit to note:
Urbandecay.com is having friends and family 30% off sale so it's a good time to stop up on the primer potions or the eyeshadows xD

code is FFH30
ends on Nov 18th i believe.
smiles.gif

th_wink3.gif
OMG thank you so much. I see a lot of ppl use it because when they post up their pictures and list their items they always use UDPP and i didnt know what the hell that was. LOL.
yes.gif

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambicion6
but I will say that my HG for eye primers is this:

CHANEL : BASE OMBRE A PAUPIÈRES PROFESSIONAL EYE SHADOW BASE - MAKEUP

Chanel Eye shadow base in Bright. Its pricey though at $30 but omg it works wonders. Ive gone out to parties, had too much to drink, and puked my brains out, but through it all my eye makeup stays flawless! lol

I hope to replace the chanel with UDPP because of the pricey so I hope its worth all the hype.

I have the same Chanel base, its THE BEST EVER! I use it occasionally, just because it cost me a fortune. I did a video for some Italian friends, although most of you may not understand what's been said, you'll get the picture
cutey.gif

HERE MY FRIENDS

steenface

I've loved UDPP so I've never tried anything else. I'm half Korean so I need all the eyeshadow staying power I can get!

I also heard a rumor UD is possibly changing the packaging next year... I guess we'll see!

KeishaG14

I've never used P&P, but I did use Ulta's cream base. I liked it and was content until the other day, I was at Ulta and at the counter, they had that UD set for $15.99 with a sample UDPP in it. I got it... WOW! There is such a difference! I'm already counting the days until I get some more money and can go ahead and buy a few of the full-sized ones. The lip prime is on my list as well.

elle25

I've tried both mac and ud primers. With the mac one I might as well have just been wearing a cream eyeshadow. It did not work at all. UDPP works amazing with me. Although I don't like how hard it is to blend with it. I'm going to try Too Faced shadow insurance soon since I've heard very good things about it.

bellaboomboom

I have the MAC prep and prime. My Mom gave it to me. I don't think it works as well as the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I use my paint pot all the time now as my eye base. I also have Urban Decay Primer Potion but I still think the paint pot is the best.

alieeboo

i love ubpp, it holds the color beautifully. i have also tried MAC prep + prime eye, its meant to prep the eye area; evens out textures, softens around the eye and primes by holding the color down (which i feel UDPP does better). i mainly use UDPP matte.

Misoxx

I love MAC Prep and Prime skin is brilliant and an amazing primer. I keeps my make up on all day, inc high end and drugstore foundation. Its also at a reasonable price of £16.

MAC Prep and Prime eye is terrible. It has a beautiful smooth texture, but it probably was that bad it made my eyeshadows last less than if I didn't use it at all. UDPP on the other hand is slightly cheaper than MAC Prep and Prime eye, and it is a million times better, an amazing eye primer.

smiles.gif

mae428

I had a severe allergic reaction to it as well. I just went on google to see if it was just me. My eyes and eyelids turned red, and my entire face. It was frightening! But thankfully, everything else from MAC has worked wonderfully for me. IT's just this product that has something very scary in it that I hope I never come into contact with again.

Shimmery

Urban Decay makes the best eyeshadow primer. Before using it I had to use natural mineral based eyeshadow so my eyes didnt get irritated. Now when I use that primer my eyeshadow doesn't get into my eye it stays put.

butterflyeyes

I LOVE UDPP!!! I won't dare wear eye shadow without using it. I've tried MAC Eye P&P but it doesn't work as well. With UDPP my shadows never crease or fade...despite my oily lids! I have had shadow on for 16+ hours and it still looked flawless when I've used UDPP (even when the rest of my makeup didn't). I have noticed that some people put on too much of the UDPP and may have creasing issues then, but that's user error versus it being a flaw in the primer. I grabbed another XL tube of the UDPP when they were having a clearance sale on it lol. And I am always giving friends the samples I receive (or the mini tubes they give with some sets).

jokingsbury

I've tried both and am still looking for perfect concealer/primer, all in one, that works perfect. I'll try a MAC paint or new paint pot next - alot of girls seem to have great results. Good luck and hope you find the perfect eye primer.
I personally use MAC paints on my lids as a primer and it works perfect. No creasing and my shadow blends really well on top of it.