ugh. i need advice. BADLY.

kimmy

so again, i'm pretty lost with a certain situation. and i feel like there's only a few people left i can ask for advice on this matter. i've gotten it from nearly all of them, but there's one who remains...and he's the one i need advice on.

basically, i met this guy online, his band was looking for a second guitarist. we got to talking and talking and talking. months, we talked constantly online. he gave me his number and always told me to call him, but i HATE talking on the phone so i never did until we were going to a friend of mine's show downtown. i'd been wanting to meet this fool for about a year, so i called and asked if he wanted to come. he couldn't, but i found that night that i LOVE talking to him.

so he started calling me everyday. and i loved it. we talked until 1/2/3/4 in the morning almost every night. somehow we got into the whole idea of a relationship [even though we still haven't actually met] i said something a few weeks later about the possibility of me moving to costa mesa [which is about 35 miles away] for cosmetology school. in which case, i'd only be home on the weekends usually. he didn't like the thought of that and got really fucked up over the whole "long distance" thing.

he quit calling. he wouldn't answer when i called him. he wouldn't return my calls.

when i finally did get ahold of him, i told him he needed to chill out. first, the plan for costa mesa wasn't for sure, and by the time i got ahold of him, my plans had changed to make it easier on my dad, so now i'm going to a school about 10 miles from my house. oh, and second, WE STILL NEVER MET.

whatev. he calmed down, he let it go. it was sort of back to how it was before the whole "long distance" thing. then i started being a bitch because i basically watched my grandmother slowly kill my grandfather.

it was really difficult for me, knowing that someone like her was going to outlive him, and that my grandfather wasn't going to be around anymore. it was extremely difficult because him being at my high school graduation was always a really big deal to me, and i began to realize that it probably wouldn't happen. i was having problems and it's not in my nature to share my problems with other people. EVER [how ironic haha. i seem to be contradicting myself] he asked what was wrong, i told him that there was nothing he could do so it was pointless to talk about it. he finally got me to tell him, i was nearly in tears on the phone with him for three hours. a few hours after i got off the phone with him, my dad called me and told me that my grandfather had in fact died. while i was at their house, next to my dad who was almost in tears as well, i thought of what this guy had told me. and it might sound stupid, but it seemed to make the whole thing a little easier for me to handle.

the day of my grandfather's funeral, i pretty much fell apart in my sister's arms and when i got home, i refused to talk to anyone. even him. he tried, but i would have none of it. i decided around 11pm that i needed to talk to him and we talked until like 5am.

he's so sweet. and everytime that i think nothing can make me feel better, he can. we're supposed to be going to a show on the 30th. and he still says that he wants a relationship. he was friends with a veryyy good friend of mine, and this friend tells me that he's a good man.

i'm just kind of wondering, if something doesn't work out and i don't get to see him soon, should i wait? i've already turned people down for him...am i wrong to turn people that i know down for someone i've yet to meet? am i stupid to think that this could actually be something?

help, please
oh.gif

ps. sorry for the long post...i seem to be getting very long winded with you lovely specktra folk, thanks for putting up with it all the time haha <3

Corvs Queen

Listen, you are not stupid for thinking that this could be something. The same thing happened with me and my husband. We became a "couple" only a month after finding out that the other exsited. I was in North Carolina and he was in Austria (he was born there), and we had a relationship through emails and phone calls. Almost 3 months after we started "dating" he called me and asked me to marry him. We had never met and only seen pictures of each other. I said yes and I don't regret any of it. Go with what you heart feels and remember that everything happens for a reason. Oh, and if you have anymore questions just feel free to ask.
Later!

user4

I dont think ur being stupid... a big thing about a relationship is communication and you guys seem to do that well. But I would say to keep your options open just in case he's not all of what u think he is. On line people can be the way they want the other person to be and not themselves really. It's hard to tell on the phone or online, so just be a little careful. And the fact that he stopped talking to u with the school thing is a bit scary and possesive... but if that doesnt bother u then eh... go for it!

kimmy

thank you so much, ladies <3

corv's queen, i'm so glad to see that these things can work out. because i can't lie, i do really like him and i do want to be able to believe in this without having to worry about it being wishful thinking. at least now i know that it CAN work if it's meant to :]

and sxy, yeah...i completely see what you're saying. kind of why, even though he has a "character witness" so to speak, i still want to meet him somewhere where there will be alot of people around.

thank you both again <3

pompoms6921

hun i know EXACTLY how that goes! i met a guy online and we ended up being such good friends the only problem was he was in the marines and was stationed in japan so we kept talking online and the phone so much and just seemed to make me so happy no matter what was going on well luckily after 5 months he got to come home (which is only 30 min from my house) and we hung out almost the whole month he was home and started dating almost imediately...next tuesday is our 1 month... hes back overseas now but the more i think about it the happier i am that i waited to be with him instead of another guy and the fact that you 2 have such a strong relationship even though you have never met will really really help your relationship in the long run! good luck hun!!

kimmy

thank you all so much <3 i feel alot better about this now, especially knowing that two of you fine ladies have done this before and done it successfully :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompoms6921
the fact that you 2 have such a strong relationship even though you have never met will really really help your relationship in the long run!

i never really thought of that...but it makes sense!!

poddygirl

I agree - getting to know someone via calls or texts or emails makes for a good foundation because you are really getting to know the other person. I met my husband at an event for work and then he returned to England (he's British and worked for the UK branch of the company I worked for) and we corresponded via email and talked on the phone constantly for almost 3 months before we saw each other again. We got engaged 7 months later and have been married just over 4 years! I feel I got to know him in such a special and different way and that it makes our relationship stronger. Good luck and just follow your instincts! Let us know how it works out!

Joke

Hi!
I wish you all the best and hope you meet your guy soon!
This really could work!
Hugs!

MissAlly

Awww.

Kay so I met this boy online through another friend online,and we basically fell for eachother after the first couple times we talked online.Sounds weird to most,but oh well.He lives about 45 mins to an hour away,not bad.We were supose to hang out like a week or so ago but shit got messed up.So saturday there was this show and we were BOTH going to it,so we made plans to meet up somewhere in Portland before the show,so me and my friends meet up with him at Starbucks and my friends leave me so we can hang out and we would just meet them at the show.Blah blah blah,we hung out at the show,and I think I paid more attention to him than As I Lay Dying and etc.NUTS.He made me smile everytime I looked at him,aww cheesy?Haha.So the shows over,and we look for my friends,but then he walks off with his.I couldn't find my best friend so I call her,to find out that they left in the middle of Norma Jean 'cause she got punched in the stomach by some bro guy dancing and she got knocked out.Lalalala,so I call the guy I was with earlier and he tells me to meet up with him and his friend at the corner and he would figure something out,blah blah blah so the guy that was supose to pick me up was 'asleep' yah okay WHATEVER.So I had to stay at the boy's house..and uh yahh..

Cut it short,we BOTH want there to be an 'us' as soon as he figures things out with his parents.He's absolutely amazing.He held my hand,gave me kisses on the forehead,let me listen to his heartbeat and etc.Almost all the things I love.I don't think there could be anything better than him.

Picture303.jpg

lkljjj.jpg

So of course you're not stupid,dear.: )

Padmita

Your story somehow reminds me of how my own relationship started - we met more than 5 years ago in a small football chatroom, he was in Peru, I was in Germany, and we knew each other from chat and email only for more than two years until we met for the first time. We would also spend hours and hours talking, and when we met, I found him to be exactly the person he was online.

And I wouldn't attach too much importance yet to the fact that he got angry when you said you would be away - I can remember several situations when I got f*cked up with him about similar things, e.g. when he told me he wouldn't be around for some weeks or only be able to be online on sundays. A lot depends on how you yourself feel - esp. when I myself was nervy or worried about things of my own, I would easily be disappointed when he told me he wouldn't be able to talk to me. But when I was relaxed it wouldn't be such a big problem at all. I think the fact that you two talk for hours means he really enjoys your company, and the prospect of not being able to talk to someone who's important to you can affect you and make you angry. I'm not saying that's ok, I'm just trying to explain how I felt in a similar situation ...

I hope everything works out fine for you! And yes, I turned some people down because I knew I wanted to be with him no matter how!

joytheobscure

when I was in HS I had a long distance relationship (Oklahoma-Northern Ireland) --ended when I met my husband but not without guilt really because we were very close - we never met but were extremely close I really did love him dearly - I'd say go for it.

Strange fate though....... he ended up marrying a Police Officer the same year my husband was going through the police academy. Ironic. I believe in fate and everything happens for a reason. Follow your feelings on this one.

kimmy

thanks everyone :]

just the other day, i brought the long distance thing to his attention. he's in a band, they're getting big. they'll be huge before long i'm sure...and he'll be on tour. alot. i can deal with that, but we did talk about him getting so bothered about the possibility of me moving. he told me that when i told him i was moving to costa mesa, he didn't talk to me for a while because he was trying to just let go of the entire thing because he knows he doesn't do well in long distance relationships but that he couldn't imagine just letting this whole thing go and that he thought about me more then and since then than he ever did before. so i guess that's probably a good thing?

and wow...ally, you and i must be twins seperated at birth or something. seriously. everytime i red one of your posts i'm like "ha, that sounds like something i'd say" :] that was really off topic...butchya...

riri101

its worth a shot

you two obviously have chemistry, give things a try, if its meant to be it will be

Raerae

I say go for it, but, keep your options open at the same time.

I've done the LD on-line-phone thing myself before, and it can seem all perfect, but i've learned that people on-line and over the phone can be a LOT different face to face, than they are on-line when you finally meet them.

So if you do decide to meet him, dont rush in, and treat it like any other first date. While you may know him a litter better than another guy on your first date, just be careful.

Remember, your only seeing one side of him right now, the side he wants to show. Not to say these things can't work out, the ladies above clearly show that meeting on-line is possible, and I know friends who have done it as well. Just be careful the first time you meet.