UK'ers did you feel the earthquake??

glam8babe

apparently there was an aftershock at about 4am ish.. did anyone feel it? i think i was fast asleep!

nunu

yah i was awake bt i thought the people who live above me were banging doors because they always do that lol...so that was probably it because an earthquake does need to rebound...

PomPoko

I felt it, but it was so gentle here I just thought it was just me having a tired muscle spasm or something!

The last time we had an earthquake by us (was in the black country, but felt it by us) it was so scary! I thought a car had like smashed into the house. We went outside to see what was going on, and one of our neighbours running up and down the road in her nightie flipping out. Everyone else was just kind of quietly standing about looking confused while she hurtled about screeching.

This time I only realised what it was when everyones statuses on facebook changed to something to do with earthquakes...haha.

I'm glad/hoping everyone is ok
grouphug2.gif

Shepherdess

No! I was asleep but Im down in London so I wouldnt have felt it. The OH was talking to a friend who lives in Slough, who felt it whilst they were talking!

I do hope your all okay, it sounds ever so scary. Only something that would happen in another country!

J90

i felt the earthquake. omg, i was sitting in my bed, actually on specktra looking at some FOTDS and all of a sudden my walls started to sort of rumble and i thought it was the wind, but then my bed started shaking and my wardrobe door started hitting against my wall! I thought it was a ghost!
Lol, it was so scary, i ran into my mums room and she told me that she 'had to work tomorrow' and to go back to bed!
oh.gif
i was shocked, but then i got my hamster and she kept me company whilst i looked at more FOTDS :p hehehe x

trollydolly

the earth didnt move for me!!

lol, jokes aside i slept right through it, i live in the south east so it might have been weaker here or something

MsCocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by J90
i felt the earthquake. omg, i was sitting in my bed, actually on specktra looking at some FOTDS and all of a sudden my walls started to sort of rumble and i thought it was the wind, but then my bed started shaking and my wardrobe door started hitting against my wall! I thought it was a ghost!
Lol, it was so scary, i ran into my mums room and she told me that she 'had to work tomorrow' and to go back to bed!
oh.gif
i was shocked, but then i got my hamster and she kept me company whilst i looked at more FOTDS :p hehehe x

Lol that's something my mum would say!

Ericita

Hehe it's rare for me to read your opinions.
I'm from Chile and earthquakes are pretty common here (in fact there was one 5th degree today lol... and our country records the strongest eartquake in the world's history). So to me is strange that some people aren't used to them, yeah I know, this might sound rare to you!

It's great to know everybody is fine.

Ang9000

I didn't feel a thing. Not sure if it's because Im in London or because I was sleeping! I did wake up a couple of times in the night. Not sure if it was the earthquake or the fact my boyfriend kept pulling the covers off me
angry.gif

k.a.t

^ same i'm in London and i thought people were trying to mess with my head when they were talking about some earthquake that supposedly happened at night lol

nunu

hehehe ya loads of people haven't felt it and thought i was messing about! LOL, i'm glad everyone is fine and that only minor damages have happened.