Ulta vs. Sephora, etc.!

Caderas

Hey guys.. I've got a few questions, mainly about the subject!

First off, let me get you a little background short tale.. Right now, I'm 4 months from graduating cosmetology school. Although it's mainly hair, make-up is my passion. And I thought hair would be a good back-up for styling and what not! So, now.. I'm looking towards jobs after that business is over. I eventually want to freelance, but, I need a stationary job for a good couple of years. (I'm only 20, and I don't have the money to set up the rest of my kit paying off my current tuition! ;D)

1. Are there any better perks at working at Ulta or Sephora? (discounts, pay, schedules, etc.)

2. Does Ulta have a strict dresscode?

3. Is it easy to transfer job locations? (I'll be moving from Kansas to Texas eventually!!)

and one off subject...

4. Can someone explain to me the 'tear sheets' in general?

TIA everyone! <3

makeupcupcake

What perks are there when working for Ulta and Sephora? What I mean is, what kind of discount and things like that, do you get?

Monsy

Regular discount is 25% , during FF it can be 40% on some products in the store, and on everything else 30-35%

Dresscode is strict - all black bottom, black shoes. tops can be black or white. business casual

heyimstoked

I work at Sephora and I love it. Hourly wage is pretty decent, but you do not have the opportunity to earn commissions like some of the cosmetics counters do. There are bonus opportunities based on the performance of your store too. Some of the perks are lots of gratis (free makeup). The discount is 20% off everything and 40% off anything Sephora Collection. Oh, and this discount increases around the holidays too.