Under the waterline ....

amoona

Hopefully I'm in the right since I do need recommendations from you guys! So I have really long eyelashes, which is great because I have only bought two pairs of fake lashes in my entire life.
winks.gif

Here's the problem: my lower lashes are also long and I find it difficult to line ne color under my waterline. I've tried the 219 which gives me no problem when I need to smudge but when I just want a neat and clean line of color its a lil harder. I've tried the 266(SE) and idk if it's just the brush I have or what but it also doesn't work to well for me either. My stupid lashes just get in the way! Should I just give up on trying to do this on myself or do you guys have ne tips?

Ithica

Im not really one of the experienced clever people on here but here's a go...

Mine always get in the way too.. I sometimes find (depending what i am using) that If im using shadow to underline somethings wetting it a little can help. I use a 209 brush for this, You can get a nice fine point on it.

HTH
smiles.gif

amoona

oo thanks i'll try that. i use the 209 for my fluidline so maybe i'll give it a good with shadows. thanks!

Bre

It's all about the angle at which you hold your brush, it's hard to explain in words, use the 266 load it with shadow and wedge it using an up and under motion then press on the shadow, repeat all the way along, line up your 266 so when doing the corners the pointiest edge of the brush is the closest

Ha I hope that makes a bit of sense!

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre
It's all about the angle at which you hold your brush, it's hard to explain in words, use the 266 load it with shadow and wedge it using an up and under motion then press on the shadow, repeat all the way along, line up your 266 so when doing the corners the pointiest edge of the brush is the closest

Ha I hope that makes a bit of sense!

yea i get what ur saying. that's what i usually do n when i do it on ne1 else it looks fine ... on me i always have missing spots because of my damn lashes haha. maybe i can attempt to lift my lower lashes or something haha. idk if that even made sense. o well i guess i can try try try again.

haseena

Same problem here so the only brush that works best is Anna Sui Eyeliner brush. It is great for lining under the lower lash as well as inner corner of eyes
smiles.gif
Plus it's so pretty.

bellaetoile

try the stila eyeliner brush, i believe it is #4. better than any MAC brush, hands down, works like a dream for lining with gel liners or eyeshadows. i have 2 and they're the best brushes i own. the 266, personally, is better for doing brow work, or fluidline on the top lid. also, if you really like angled brushes, try the full-size 266. the 266SE, in my experience, came nowhere near the quality of the full-size 266 brush. there was a noticeable difference in the feel and performance of the bristles.

Latest posts