Undereye Concealer (HELP!!!!!)

User20

I'm having a problem where after I'm donew ith concealer and powder, my undereyes still look grey (I have very dark undereye circles). I thought that maybe this was because the shade was too light, so I tried a shade or two darker (and lighter) and with no success.

Also, I'm guessing they're appearing a bit worse since I'm in finals now *bites nails* but I still have a minor problem with the circles still appearing so any recs would be helpful
smiles.gif

caffn8me

are the circles dark blue or dark purple by any chance? I posted a colour correction technique for concealing dark blue and purple circles here

User20

I have a very bad time telling which color they are esp. since I've tried both techniques (like how one color neutralizes the other) and neither worked lol. Is there any definite way to tell?

*goes to read you post from teh other thread*

edit: I jsut read your other post and I'm presuming from that that tehy are more purple (since yellow-orange does conceal them better). I have tried the MAC color correctors, but they did not work either and found tehm drying on my skin (I have very dry skin, even the select moisturecover seemed drying and set in teh creases as well as not matching in color)

jeanna

Have you tried makeup specifically for concealment, like Dermablend? It is quite thick compared to other full coverage foundations, but if your circles are darker than the average person, maybe it's worth a try. They have a concealer stick called Quick-Fix. Otherwise, what a MAC MA taught me was to apply a layer of concealer (I personally use Select Cover Up) in a patting motion with your fingers, let it dry for a few minutes, apply a second layer, let it dry, then set with loose powder using a powder puff like this one in a rolling-patting motion, pressing the powder gently into your skin. Then wipe away excess loose powder, if any, with a big fluffy brush. Hope this helps!

annestacey

i use besame cosmetics' souffle foundation to cover my undereye circles. it works wonders and goes on thick to cover all traces of darkness.

Latest posts