UPDATE - The gold pigment from mlrosati has arrived!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
That is why she continues to be able to sell fakes.

I expect she's prepared for a certain level of refund requests and will have factored this into her profit margins. As long as most people don't ask for refunds she'll make a handsome profit.

The last thing she wants is an eBay dispute being escalated and putting her account in jeopardy for selling fakes. As long as she refunds when requested and people are frightened to leave negative feedback she'll continue to be able to ply her illegal trade.

I agree with Sarah.
These sellers of fakes thrive on customers like you Candice, because despite you buying a fake you left a positive
th_confused_new.gif
anyway since eBay,feedback changes came to force "Sellers cannot leave negative feedback no more for buyers"

this idea was brought in to prevent the mentality of some leaving tit for tat feedback...although it had backedfired in some cases...
angry.gif

Anyway my personal opinion is that even if the old feedback rules applied, and i bought a fake, i would still leave a neg...and not worry about getting one back...after all my life will not have any NEGATIVE impact if i recieved neg on my ebay feedback
th_wink3.gif

Myself i have bought a fake Mac zoom lash mascara,on eBay and when it arrived( i did email seller prior to leaving the neg) i left a big , calm,FACTUAL,NEGATIVE for the seller...he was NARUD soon after for selling counterfieted Mac Zoom lash mascaras!

PS.I knew it was a fake as soon as opened the package... my daughter and I both use this brand ..will post more info on how the fake differs from the real McCoy
smiles.gif

candicenoelle

Quote:
That is why she continues to be able to sell fakes.

I expect she's prepared for a certain level of refund requests and will have factored this into her profit margins. As long as most people don't ask for refunds she'll make a handsome profit.

The last thing she wants is an eBay dispute being escalated and putting her account in jeopardy for selling fakes. As long as she refunds when requested and people are frightened to leave negative feedback she'll continue to be able to ply her illegal trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
I agree with Sarah.
These sellers of fakes thrive on customers like you Candice, because despite you buying a fake you left a positive
th_confused_new.gif
anyway since eBay,feedback changes came to force "Sellers cannot leave negative feedback no more for buyers"
this idea was brought in to prevent the mentality of some leaving tit for tat feedback...although it had backedfired in some cases...
angry.gif

Anyway my personal opinion is that even if the old feedback rules applied, and i bought a fake, i would still leave a neg...and not worry about getting one back...after all my life will not have any NEGATIVE impact if i recieved neg on my ebay feedback
th_wink3.gif

Myself i have bought a fake Mac zoom lash mascara,on eBay and when it arrived( i did email seller prior to leaving the neg) i left a big , calm,FACTUAL,NEGATIVE for the seller...he was NARUD soon after for selling counterfieted Mac Zoom lash mascaras!

PS.I knew it was a fake as soon as opened the package... my daughter and I both use this brand ..will post more info on how the fake differs from the real McCoy
smiles.gif

Yeah I really wish I hadn't left a positive feedback but I've learned now that I can leave a negative feedback without it affecting me. I'm glad eBay has decided to change the old rule. I do like how you said a negative eBay feedback will not affect your life negatively! I will follow that rule now too.
yes.gif

I'm thankful for this site for letting me know which sellers I should buy from in the future. Without everyone on this board - I may have more than 1 counterfeit MAC.

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicenoelle
Yeah I really wish I hadn't left a positive feedback but I've learned now that I can leave a negative feedback without it affecting me. I'm glad eBay has decided to change the old rule. I do like how you said a negative eBay feedback will not affect your life negatively! I will follow that rule now too.
yes.gif

I'm thankful for this site for letting me know which sellers I should buy from in the future. Without everyone on this board - I may have more than 1 counterfeit MAC.

Stupid me left positive feedback for a seller from whom I recently purchased SEVEN fake pigments. i left the positive BEFORE realizing and getting educated that they were fakes. When I initially questioned her, I got the "reputable wholesaler story" and bought it. Now I know what to look for. I was lucky enough to replace all seven thorugh a favor a friend did for me (ordered naval Blue & French Violet from Macpro for me) and by finding authentic jars of Apricot Pink, revved Up and Your Ladyship from reputable sellers. I plan to take photos of the real next to fake of each and send to this seller askign nicely for return/refund. If not I wills till report her to ebay, positive feedback or not. I have PROOF--espeially on the 2 from MacPro with the receipt.

angry.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
If not I wills till report her to ebay, positive feedback or not. I have PROOF--espeially on the 2 from MacPro with the receipt.

angry.gif

Report her to eBay and PayPal anyway - she's tried to con you. Far better that she gets known by eBay as a seller who breaks their terms of service.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicenoelle
yes.gif

(((Candice )))
yes.gif
we have all been there bought fakes..and wisen up.
Sarah,is right though report the seller to both eBay for sellers non performance and to Paypal for selling counterfeits .
mac_addict.gif
but my 1st love are my 3 gorgeous kids !

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
we have all been there bought fakes..and wisen up.

Yes, I've bought fakes too - but only ever deliberately. I'm weird like that
winks.gif

angi

Quote:
winks.gif

lol, did you ever get a genuine pigment by accident?!
th_LMAO.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
winks.gif

Lolol Sarah,that made me chuckle!
th_LMAO.gif
and no i don't thin that is weird at all...i have bought a fake Lancome juicy tube on purpose too
yes.gif

GlitterLids

Quote:
Report her to eBay and PayPal anyway - she's tried to con you. Far better that she gets known by eBay as a seller who breaks their terms of service.

I have opened my disputes and am awaiting a reply.... let's see what she does.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
lol, did you ever get a genuine pigment by accident?!
th_LMAO.gif

Dang, no! I'd have been disappointed if I had though
smiles.gif

I've bought two brushes expecting them to be fake and they weren't (OK, the pictures didn't show fakes but I was suspicious for various reasons). I wanted those two brushes anyway so getting genuine ones wasn't a disaster
winks.gif

1165Cheryl

Here is a suggestion, if a person runs into a stubborn fake seller you can try to say "instead of leaving negative feedback I won't leave any at all" and many sellers will be happy with getting away with that in exchange for giving you a refund. Then come here and let people know. It still doesnt put the seller in his or her place but at the same time your not giving positive feedback to a on-going fake seller. During these tough times I understand people needing to get their refund fast and since many sellers listings say "no refund" many are given little choice.

I recently bought a very rare from someone who doesnt sell makeup, she sells other home type items. From talking to her I could tell she had no way of knowing. Anyway, she offered the refund, felt bad and since she wasnt a on-going seller of any brands of makeup I told her I wouldnt leave any feedback at all. Now if I see her re-list the item then I will report her. If I buy rares off Ebay (or anywhere) I always ask where they bought it, batch# ,ect knowing at the same time they can lie. So for me I dont beleive it until I see it and I let them know up front I have many years of experience with pigments and have an original jar of every color except for a 3-4 which I really do. If it comes and it's a fake I always get a refund.

Hope this helps....I know it's a catch 22

effboysinthebut

Oh I could kick myself in the a**. I don't buy on Ebay with the exception of once from a well known member of the community. And I just bought Light Blue Glitter Brilliants because I missed it getting DC'd. I've been looking online all night and looking for names on counterfeit for Light Green as well. I know better. And surprise, the one person I didn't look up and the only person I bought from is a fake. The good news is that I can leave a negative when it gets here.

The glitter is the right consistency, theres the clear plastic disc, the font on the color sticker looks okay.

M.A.C. PIGMENT GLITTER BRILLANTS LIGHT BLUE MAC NO SHIP - eBay (item 110369648433 end time Apr-03-10 23:54:18 PDT)

Again, I know better. Back to the clearance bin!

And to make my being duped worse, I worked for MAC for a year. So don't feel bad if you've been duped.

effboysinthebut

I just wanted to update on this.

I got the glitter today. After emailing back and forth with Panda0410 and 1165Cheryl it's fake. The only upside to this is that I can leave a negative and save some others the trouble.

Oh! And I want to say thank you again to both. You guys are great sharing your extensive knowledge
smiles.gif

.Ice

I know this thread is OLD, lol, but wasn't there once a Gold pigment in the frost finish? I've seen swatches of it on Karlasugar, Mac-cosmetics live journal, the Pigment Swatches thread on here (Post #3, #6, #59), and if you google search "list of mac pigments" you'll see it in there listed as a frost and DCd. It was similar in color to Golden Lemon.

*These pics aren't mine.
Here it is in the old style jar (2nd to last):
LUEDRfA.jpg

Karlasugar guest swatcher (last one):
DVws512.jpg

ZHgRIKF.jpg

And this person from LJ:
VvkYjDQ.jpg

rockin

Thanks, .Ice, I wasn't aware of a frost gold. It's not what the OP received, though, as that had a frosty label rather than a silver label.

I am actually on the lookout for a jar of Gold (metallic) pigment myself, but not having any luck. I can't understand why MAC discontinued it, since gold is a popular colour.

jadiepyne

I know this thread is OLD, lol, but wasn't there once a Gold pigment in the frost finish? I've seen swatches of it on Karlasugar, Mac-cosmetics live journal, the Pigment Swatches thread on here (Post #3, #6, #59), and if you google search "list of mac pigments" you'll see it in there listed as a frost and DCd. It was similar in color to Golden Lemon.

*These pics aren't mine.
Here it is in the old style jar (2nd to last):
LUEDRfA.jpg

Karlasugar guest swatcher (last one):
DVws512.jpg

ZHgRIKF.jpg

And this person from LJ:
VvkYjDQ.jpg
The gold-disc frost is gorgeous!

Latest posts