Ups = Evil!

spectrolite

So I placed an order with MAC in the States and had it shipped to a US postal address and from there it was going to be forwarded it to me here in Melbourne. I get an email today from the girl who's organizing it saying that she received my parcel and it was completely EMPTY!
ssad.gif
She said that special security tape that MAC uses had been cut through and replaced with normal clear tape and that it had happened at UPS. I seriously cannot believe this kind of crap can actually happen at a national company that handles valuables belonging to other people.

She called MAC and they said that they cannot reship the order until an investigation with UPS is complete. OMG how long is that going to take?! This was my Smoke Signals, Painterly, and Blue Storm haul and was a HUGE order. I am just so upset and just in shock!

Has anyone had a package tampering incident with UPS before? Are they generally pretty good at investigating these kinds of issues? Why do people have to be so damn EVIL!?
weeping.gif

melliquor

OMG... That sucks. I know how you feel. That has never happened to me before. I had a few things missing before but nothing that deliberate. I really hope they act swiftly and they send you replacements.

frocher

That's so bizarre, I hope they get to the bottom of this quickly and you are compensated for your loss.

NicksWifey

I'm so sorry! My dad works for UPS...so I can't say too much about UPS, lol
winks.gif

BUT, I've had major problems involving USPS and a MAC order a few years ago. They never accepted USPS, but at one point their website told otherwise. I had placed an order to be delivered to my PO box (before I had my mailbox at my house set up) and MAC calls me two weeks later to tell me they order was cancelled. I was upset because they were LE items from waaaaay back!
So I hear your pain...I think it's crazy that there has to be an investigation with UPS, they should just send you new goods!
I hope you get it resolved soon!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

sounds sneaky to me.. how well do you know this girl who is supposed to forward your stuff?? I have never ever had a problem like this with ups. and I deal with them quite regularly.. I have however had HUGE deals with FedEx .. They destroy EVERYTHING.

Jacq-i

When my mom was selling a few things thru eBay I went with her to ship the stuff at a UPS store. Well, the lady there cut open the box we were sending to "check if we packaged it well enough" I was so upset!! I felt like my rights were violated and it wasn't even a personal package, we were just sending a toy! After that I never wanted to send using UPS, although they deliver stuff to me just fine.

When I send out things I go USPS, just because my USPS is nice to me, and the shipping is usually cheaper since I only send small things...

At work we courier stuff all the time in town, or we use FedEx. The FedEx employees are pretty nice when they come in to pick up deliveries going out.

Once there was a delivery and the box was TOTALLY smashed. The FedEx guy asked me to open it to make sure it wasn't damaged. Thankfully it was fine, but that was kind of weird...

Anyway, I just wonder who's playing with all that makeup.
ssad.gif

BinkysBaby

I work for an online retailer and a UPS investigation can take up to 8 business days.

I would think that MAC would take care of you right away in the interim but I guess not.

Good luck!

SparklingWaves

I would want a picture of what that girl received and have her make the full investigation with the proof of tampering. I would not take her word for it. Mail is federal.

I am very suspicious. I would press charges against anyone that does something like this. This is really serious stuff.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
sounds sneaky to me.. how well do you know this girl who is supposed to forward your stuff?? I have never ever had a problem like this with ups. and I deal with them quite regularly.. I have however had HUGE deals with FedEx .. They destroy EVERYTHING.

I agree with your suspicion of the girl. It is hard for me to believe that UPS would do that. I am not saying UPS is not capable, but it is highly unlikely.. She is enjoying your product right now. *Sorry*

MiCHiE

Wow. I would hardly call this a Scooby Doo mystery, but SHE called MAC? And UPS opened a box--from MAC Cosmetics, at that--not knowing what it contained? For what? This doesn't sound right on her end.

spectrolite

Thanks for all the replies girls. It's hard to do anything from my end since I live in Australia and this is all happening in the States. All I can do is wait until I hear back from her after UPS gets in touch. She's kept in touch with me every day since the incident so far. I'd be a fool not to be suspicious of her as well, but the thing is she runs a parcel forwarding business and for her to suddenly start tampering with her clients packages would just seem odd considering all of the negative publicity something like this would bring.

I have not heard or read a bad thing about her yet I've had issues with the post before. And honestly it wouldn't surprise me if a MAC-oholic was working at UPS and decided to help themselves to my haul! I'm sure tampering must go on from time to time, just like luggage tampering and stealing at airports. Those of you who have received parcels from MAC in the past, can you tell me how they look? Are they pretty nondescript or is the MAC logo prominent so it's easy to tell there are cosmetics inside?

This situation is just completely messed up. I am helpless to do anything about it but wait it out. The worst part is, I saved for ages to get all of those lovely MAC goodies at a lower price from the States, and now when the collections are released here tomorrow, I can't afford to get a bloody thing!

Will keep you posted on the outcome. :crap:

gigglegirl

Hey Spectrolite,

Hope things all get sorted. As I received my first MAC package this past week, I thought I'd take some camera phone pics and show you what the delivery looks like (well at least for me) from Canada.

Its a generic cardboard box, but the label clearly says MAC. HTH.

xolovinyoo

well i just ordered something from MAC & it shipped like 4 days ago, and i looked @ the UPS order tracking and its been at the san pablo, ca UPS stop for like 3 days and it still hasnt left that stop. i dont know.. but it says the delivery should be expected on the 13th but its been at that stop for along long time and it isnt leaving! lol.. hopefully it isnt like what your saying

spectrolite

I just wanted to give you all an update on how my UPS debacle was going. A few days after the claim was made, MAC got in touch with the girl who was doing the parcel forward for me and said that they would re-ship the order based on her history with MAC. She received it a day or two later and I just got it this morning. I am so relieved that everything worked out in the end
smiles.gif

Thanks for all of the advice and thoughts. Check out my haulage over here -->
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=81186

gigglegirl

Yay Spectrolite! Congrats and I'm glad it worked out in the end and you didn't have to wait a few months for some type of investigation! yay!