Urban Decay Shadow box

Krystle

Is there only one, or is that the general name and they come in different shades? I love their shades and I figured these were the best way to try several different colors
smiles.gif

Janice

There is one Creme and one Powder shadow box IIRC. They also have a product called "Face case" which is also a palette with eyeshadow, blush, and LS/LG.
smiles.gif
They have several of those.

One of our resident UD experts can clarify for us.
greengrin.gif

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystle
Is there only one, or is that the general name and they come in different shades? I love their shades and I figured these were the best way to try several different colors
smiles.gif

It's kind of a general name that they put on some palettes.

There are Face Cases; which have e/s as well as l/g or l/s.

They did have a cream shadow box, and a powder shadow box last year sometime. Those are the ones that Janice mentioned. They also have a new Shadow Box out right now.

These are the Shadow Boxes from '03:

229965.jpeg

Powder Shadow Box

263731.jpeg

Cream Shadow Box

This is the current Shadow Box:

P77009_hero.jpg

HTH
greengrin.gif

sweetmelissa

Over the years there have been 4 powder shadowboxes and 1 creme shadowbox. The first two were packaged in the palettes the face cases come in. The 2003 and and creme shadowbox were packaged as shown in the pic above and the most recent one is pictured there too.

The first one contained Asphyxia, Midnight Cowboy, Urb, Chopper, X, Polyester Bride, Uzi, Eldorado, Hotpants Shimmer.

The second one contained Oil Slick, Speed, Baked, Midnight Cowgirl, Uzi, Asphyxia, Sin, Shotgun.

The 2003 contained Oil Slick, Grind, Chopper, Blunt, Grifter, Midnight Cowboy, Acid Rain, Lounge.

The most current one contains Grind, Shotgun, Last Call, Asphyxia, Uzi, Shattered, Smog, Chopper, Midnight Cowboy.

The creme shadowbox contained Pink Flamingo, Knee High, Goth, Midnight Cowboy, Go Army, Purple Haze, Foxy, Shag.

I really like this since I am a fan of UD shadows but the creme shadowboxes tend to dry out and get icky-I don't think creme shadows were ever meant to be packaged that way, lol! All of these are discontinued except for the last shadowbox. You can usually find the 2003 and creme versions pretty easily on ebay and other sites.

Sushi_Flower

All 3 in the pictures are available widely in UK shops.

Does the last shadow box, the one with purple case contain powder shadows only?

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Does the last shadow box, the one with purple case contain powder shadows only?

yep only shadows.

The creme shadow boxs SUCK. No point in tryin to sugar coat it. They were not meant to be exposed to air or contained like that. I bought one, only to get it home and practically cry about the money I just wasted! It was all dried out, edges curled, colors distorted, ugh it was gross..

I have the shadow box, which I dont use, I much prefer the face cases to the shadow boxes...which come with 4 e/s, 4 of either l/gunk, xxx shine gloss or l/s, & 1 blush or glitter gel. I like these a lot better, I have gypsy den, rockstar, side show and a shadowbox (the first one sweetmelissa described) aside from the funky sliding one. I love UD (not as much as mac of course) but its up there. These are great for portability, and such
smiles.gif

FashionVixen

Quote:
I got this free today!!! I am so happy!!! It's so pretty pretty...

ehero.jpg

Ooh, how'd you get it free?! Definately something for my wishlist!

FashionVixen

Quote:
I had 2000 points on my Boots Advantage Card and so could get that free as it's £20

Woot for freebies! I think it's cute how you mention Boots because the author talks about it all the time in the Shopaholic books.

Latest posts