Very new at the whole makeup thing

estamujer

I JUST began using makeup again ( I was using it in 6th grade, way overdone *smh*) a week or two ago. I'm 14, a sophomore in highschool & I use eyeliner, vaseline and eyeshadow daily but all very simply. Maybe some of you could give me tips on how to do smoky eyes, or cool things to do with make up. My skin tends to be uneven but smooth, not oily or greasy and I never get pimples. I esp. would like help from blahblah_face, if any of you could, please IM me: qloss e. Thanks alot!

Here's a pic of me and an example of an accient that I thought came out nice.
mennessa16.bmp

^^Blah IDK why it's not working. Well there's the link I suppose.
eyes2.jpg

nphernetton

Howdy! Welcome to specktra! You know...this is a hard one...I'm 20 right now and I look back at pictures of myself from when I was about 14 and wearing basic black liner and pink shimmer for shadow, and I look at all that I'm able to do now and the change is so drastic...

Honestly, the best way to learn is to practice...if you are really wanting to try a lot of different effects, you'll need different brushes (You can buy a basic cheaper brush set at any drug store, just to practice with). I'd say check out the FOTD and tutorials forums, and try to replicate those looks that you like. It will, like I said, take a few tries before you can make them look as amazing as some of these people (even I cant do some of those looks!!) but you'll get the hang of it. Best of luck to you and I'm sure the lovely ladies and guys on here will be a lot more help than I.
smiles.gif

estamujer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphernetton
Howdy! Welcome to specktra! You know...this is a hard one...I'm 20 right now and I look back at pictures of myself from when I was about 14 and wearing basic black liner and pink shimmer for shadow, and I look at all that I'm able to do now and the change is so drastic...

Honestly, the best way to learn is to practice...if you are really wanting to try a lot of different effects, you'll need different brushes (You can buy a basic cheaper brush set at any drug store, just to practice with). I'd say check out the FOTD and tutorials forums, and try to replicate those looks that you like. It will, like I said, take a few tries before you can make them look as amazing as some of these people (even I cant do some of those looks!!) but you'll get the hang of it. Best of luck to you and I'm sure the lovely ladies and guys on here will be a lot more help than I.
smiles.gif

You may be more help then most just because your kind words were encouraging.

Hawkeye

I agree with the practice. Also don't be afraid to use color. You know there are different techniques to do any look by either sweeping motions or patting on the eye. Again also the FOTD and Tutorials rock for help.

The best advice I can give you period is to make sure you blend everything!

Smokey eyes are really simple (by the way I love your eye look in the picture!) just get a good eyeshadow base-then line your eyes with a dark liner, then get three shades of the same color family, use the darkest shade along the lashline and go up a little ways, the the medium shadow and gently overlap the edge of the darker one and go up to the crease and then use a light color to highlight.

All you really need to do is play around and eventually you'll be able to say, well I like this with this on me or god i can never walk out with THIS makeup look on! I mean its all practice and playing around.

Sorry I can't help much on this but at least I tried
smiles.gif