VGV or VGVI?

AudreyNicole

I know that the new Viva Glam was released today, and it might be too soon for this question, but if you had to choose between VGV and VGVI, which would it be? I am planning a haul in the next couple of weeks, and have to decide between the two. Which ever one I end up with, I plan to get the matching lipglass.... so, which do you prefer?

lara

Buy both. It's for charity, after all.
smiles.gif

sexypuma

they are different shades so might want to get both. On myself, i prefer VGVI l/s ( haven't tried the l/g by itself) but i do love VGV l/g.

moonrevel

I love them both, but right now I would probably say that I prefer VGV in the lipstick (it's such a nice universal color that goes with everything) and VGVI in the gloss (since buying it I've found myself occasionally just staring at the tube...it's so pretty and really unique in my Lipglass collection).

user79

VGV is such a bland colour (imo) that can easily be duped with a less expensive drugstore version. In fact, I have a lipstick almost in the same shade from Rimmel that cost like $4 CAD. So I'd get the new one (although I haven't seen it personally yet).

glueme

IMO, the VGVI l/s is so, so pretty. It's a great lustre that goes on pretty sheer, and just makes me lips a slightly deeper berry color.

Agree with MissChievious about VGV - it' s apretty universal colour, so alot of other brands make very similar dupes. I have the l/g and though it's pretty, I kind of regret spending the money for something I could easily find in a drugstore. But it's for charity, so it's ok!

cloverette

out of VGV & VGVI, i'd get the following: VGV lipglass & VGVI lipstick- they're so beautiful!
on the other hand: VGV lipstick & VGVI lipglass aren't exactly unique or special!

MissMisah

id have to agree. if money is not an issue, then definitely get both since its going towards a greater good.

When i worked the VG event this past weekend, I usually wore the VGV lipstick w/ VGVI lipglass (because i'd come in with my lips half done, and then throw on the Lipglass) and I got sooooo many compliments on my lips. Its definitely not too over the top ... because usually I had dramatic eyes & then the VG lips. But when i worked on Saturday, I had time to throw on the VGVI lipstick & everyone all day kept asking me what I was wearing on my lips.

Sooo imo, either one (and whether you wanna mix and match the combos) are definitely worth getting. and then just play around with your lipliner to help tweak your looks!
winks.gif
HTH!

d_flawless

both, in the name of charity, but vgvi is prettier, IMO.

i must be the only person who vgv does NOT look good on :/

BlahWah

When I swatched it on my hand, VGIV l/g looked reeeeaaally pretty. I'm starting to use VGV as my reliable backup gloss, but nothing I really plan to use as I may with my other glosses when putting my fotd together.

kimmy

well, Audrey, i got VGVI l/g today! and i actually thought of you and this thread when i tried it on! we're the same skintone, and i think it compliments the tone very nicely
smiles.gif
the gloss gives a nice, sheer nude-pink look with some subtle shimmer! it's absolutely gorgeous
winks.gif
i definately suggest at least trying it out next time you're at the MAC counter
greengrin.gif

edit: i just posted some swatches of VGVI l/g on in the swatch thread, http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=55134
winks.gif

Indigowaters

Well I only wear lipglass so...VGV for day and VGVI for night. I apparently love VGV so much I bought 2 and didn't even notice it. I just got VGVI lipglass and it's a bit much glitter for me, so I'll only use it for night (if I ever go anywhere). That's how I see it.
greengrin.gif

fash10nista

I tend to mix and match...my current lip look is VGVI lipstick w/ Hover lipliner and VGV lipglass. But I think you should get whatever looks great on you! It's for a good cause, after all!
smiles.gif

Latest posts