VIVA LAS VEGAS! I'm HOME!

melozburngr

Well, just an update on the move out west....

The drive from Michigan to Las Vegas was a grueling one, since we took the slightly longer, southern route through OK, TX, NM, and AZ...

Day 1: Made it to Joplin, MO, after 730 miles went to bed exhausted. We drove through St. Louis, MO. that was the only major city that I recall that day...

Day 2: This was the workhorse day- drove 900 miles, or 12 hours with breaks on to stop at SONIC and a place in NM to eat- it was our first SONIC experience...the verdict? SONIC slushees are amazing.. and the cherry limeade too
smiles.gif
We drove through Oklahoma City, MO, Amarillo, TX, and Albuquerque, NM for the main cities...

Day 3: This was the sightseeing day, we drove from Gallup, NM to Las Vegas, NV. We saw the Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, and the Grand Canyon... all three were amazing, but the Grand Canyon was like nothing I've ever seen.. pictures don't describe its beauty, it was truly breathtaking. We also drove over the Hoover Dam, unfortunately its was 2 am, so we didn't get to SEE it.
smiles.gif

Saturday, I moved in! (sort of- the movers still have most of my stuff)
smiles.gif

Was exhausted, passed out at 3pm and woke up this morning (Sunday)

I start the new job tomorrow.. terrified but super excited!

Wish me luck! :p

MACATTAK

I used to live in NM! I loved Sonic and Blake's Lottaburger. Good luck in Vegas! Your job sure sounds fun
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Aww I love Vegas! Congrats and I'm glad you got there safely! Now what kind of job do you have that gets you to move to Vegas? Hehe.

melozburngr

Update:

Boxes from Moving truck have finally arrived...I've accomplished unpacking 1/2 of a box in the past 5 days
smiles.gif
I tell ya.

The job is fantastic, I'm already working on 3 games, which is awesome! The people are fun, friendly, and laid back, so they are cool to work with, too!

I'm really happy I moved.. except for the fact it was 92° yesterday and its only April. lol I'm gonna melt come July.

kalaraksha: my job is to design/illustrate the art for slot machines!
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

a good friend of mine lives in Vegas, its cheap but its hot.

Good Luck with your new job!

yes wait until June.. July..August..September and October. .120 degrees outside, at least all the buildings are Air Conditioned.

tiramisu

you'll be able to handle the hot weather, trust me!!
As Michigan is so darn humid, LV is so much more tolerable--the dry heat out there! (well, and AC always helps!)

I hope things are going well for you!

Obreathemykiss

I live in Albuquerque! Sonic is in fact amazing! We have a MAC store here too! The weather is a bit unpredictable at the moment...one day it's hot, the next you're in a sweater. The drive to Vegas is gorgeous. Congrats on your new home and good luck!