Wanting to try a foundation

ruby_soho

I want to try a MAC foundation but there's no MAC in my city. Which foundations would you recommend for dry, flaky, acne prone skin? I'm not totally covered with acne but I do breakout. I also have some scars so I want some good coverage. I have MAC's Studio Finish concealer, but I dont like layering my makeup for coverage and it gets gross and comes off in a couple hours. I hope you guys can help
greengrin.gif

ruby_soho

Ok, thanks! I definitely dont want to be in the hole $30 and have monstrous acne. Disaster avoided.

rouquinne

ruby, are you in Kingston, Jamaica, or Kingston, Ontario???

why not take a day trip to the Pro shop in Montreal if you're in Canada? or even come up here to Ottawa?

greengrin.gif

ruby_soho

I'm in Kingston, Ontario. I'm going up to Ottawa this Thursday, but I want to get pan eyeshadows and a palette and some paints. My parents have gone up to Montreal this weekend so I gave my mom the list. Hopefully she doesnt mess up :s

I'd do a day trip but I've never driven on the highway, I definitely dont want a first time to be in Montreal. I was going to go up with a friend for a few days but she cancelled
ssad.gif

saramwrap

I have combination, acne-prone skin and I adore a couple of MAC foundations! You have to try out foundations to see what your skin likes -- while some people complain about MAC's and acne, they are all nonacnegenic and you'll find that someone has a problem with any foundation out there.

The PRO Full Coverage is really thick and creamy, and really isn't designed for daily wear. It's mask-like and migrates easily. I try to avoid putting it on anyone... and limit it to photo shoots where I need to create perfect flawless skin and don't care that it's like greasepaint! It may or may not cause additional breakouts, but it isn't a very natural or comfortable product to wear.

For quick, everyday use, I like a powerful concealer with Studio Fix on top. I love Lancome Effacernes for concealing everything -- it's a water-resistant liquid that covers amazingly and lasts all day. Then I buff my Studio Fix on top with a dense round brush (like the 109 or a kabuki brush). It's quick and I love the coverage.

My other pick is Studio Finish Matte. It's a liquid with a nice matte finish that lasts well. Again, with a good concealer it gives me flawless coverage.

saramwrap

I just wanted to add that concealer plus foundation is a "must" for most people who have a few blemishes or scars -- I know you don't want to layer, but with the right combination of products you'll get perfect skin and it won't be cakey, flakey, or gross!
smiles.gif