Wardrobe Requirements

MAC_Lovin

Hello all
smiles.gif

I recently got hired for the Macy's cosmetic department as an on-call person and I'm just waiting on a call back for starting date and stuff. Soo I was just wondering if any of you guys work for or have worked for Macy's cos dept for hair. i know mac usually doesn't care but obviously i wont be working for them...
I had red in my hair when I got hired but want to put purple in but I'm not sure if it's within their wardrobe requirements? Also was wondering about pay rate
th_wink3.gif

thank you!

Aremisia

Hey there! I am a freelancer for MAC and have only worked at the Macy's store in my town (our MAC isn't freestanding here). I have naturally very dark brown/black hair and have had pink, teal, and most recently royal blue streaks in it. I've never been told that this is an issue; in fact, my manager said she loved the color!
I think you are safe
smiles.gif

MAC_Lovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aremisia
Hey there! I am a freelancer for MAC and have only worked at the Macy's store in my town (our MAC isn't freestanding here). I have naturally very dark brown/black hair and have had pink, teal, and most recently royal blue streaks in it. I've never been told that this is an issue; in fact, my manager said she loved the color!
I think you are safe
smiles.gif

thank you! only thing is i wont be working at MAC I'll be working all over the other counters (estee lauder, clinique, etc) and was wondering if they have requirements. i know mac is super awesome and doesn't care, but i don't know about the others..

SmokeSignal16

If you work for Clinique or Estee Lauder they do not accept 'unnatural' hair colors (like blue, purple, green, etc.). I work for Clinique and they have a very strict dress code to follow. Their all about a 'Professional and polished' look. I'm pretty sure red is fine but purple wouldn't be good for them. And the pay rate tends to vary because they base it on experience. But if I would guess it would be at least $7 and up an hour. I hope this helps some!
smiles.gif