Warning:Mac Newbie

Hello, i'm new here and new to Mac makeup. Well, i never bought anything by them but from what i see, it is a very good brand. I heard it costs alot though. Anyway, i need some help, i'm going to go The Bay and was wondering what should i buy? I normally wear black eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow. What do you suggest? Can i buy alot with 30$?
Thanks to the people who will reply.
P.S:It took me 15 minutes to discover how to make a thread! It's quite confusing here.[/url]

Juneplum

well 1st of all, welcome to specktra!
greengrin.gif
if u have any questions please feel free to pm any of the mods or admin and we'll be happy to help u!!! 2nd of all, what's your coloring so we can have an idea of what to suggest 4 u! if u hav a pic that would be even better!!

Hikaru-chan

If you just starting out (and can't spare much cash) I would go for Naked Lunch e/s, Carbon e/s (you can use it as an eyeliner too) and Fibre Rich.

rouquinne

you won't be able to get much for $30 and instead of going to a counter at The Bay, go to the one at Ogilvy or go to the Pro Shop. it's on St. Laurent - north of Sherbrooke but south of Schwartiz's Deli - on the east side.

sorry, it's a long time since i've been to Montreal, so i'm not sure exactly which street it's near!

Janice

I would do smolder eye kohl (eyeliner), jest (a peachy pink frost) or juxt (pale green frost) eyeshadows, and prr (frosty pink) lipglass (lipgloss).

Write down all the suggestions you get and ask the artist working to pull the items for you. $30 won't get much, but it's enough to get you a couple things.

Don't worry about buying MAC mascara, drugstore mascara will work just fine.
smiles.gif

Juneplum

oops! sorry i didn't get back 2 u sooner, but i can see that u have had lots of help!! ita with everyone else.. $30 may not get u much BUT u can get a couple staples sucha s smoleder eye kohl and naked lunch e/s. also see if u can get a few samples of pigments from the MA that helps u! let us know how it went!!!