Waterline

elainevdw

I really like using eyeliner on my waterline, but the regular eyeliner smudges around and looks crappy after 20 minutes, and waterproof eyeliner doesn't even take on the waterline, and the liquid eyeliners I've tried have been difficult to use.

Is there a trick to this? Or a product you'd recommend? A nonsmudgey (probably waterproof) eyeliner? ...Maybe even one that comes in nifty colors?!

Thank you!!
th_worship.gif

betty

One word....

Fluidline........That's all you need my dear! It's a gel eyeliner that's waterproof and smudge resistant. Now our company likes to say that "it's not recommended for use in the waterline area" but honestly we all do it, and I'm still here so it's totally safe. Plus they come in really cool colours and they stay on like magic!!

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainevdw
I really like using eyeliner on my waterline, but the regular eyeliner smudges around and looks crappy after 20 minutes, and waterproof eyeliner doesn't even take on the waterline, and the liquid eyeliners I've tried have been difficult to use.

Is there a trick to this? Or a product you'd recommend? A nonsmudgey (probably waterproof) eyeliner? ...Maybe even one that comes in nifty colors?!

Thank you!!
th_worship.gif

i have the same problem. i can apply waterproof eyeliner pencils 8789749874864194 times on my waterline and it STILL doesn't get to be as dark as i want it to be.

my solution (and probably yours, too!) is MAC fluidline. it's a gel eyeliner and i swear it doesn't budge! i even have a hard time trying to remove it with makeup remover lol

elainevdw

Sweet! Thanks guys!

So you apply with a brush, right? Is one like this appropriate -- like a fine eyeliner brush? Is it pretty easy to apply or does it take a few times to get the jist of it?

I am so going to the MAC counter this weekend. Eyeliner is one of my favorite things (funny cuz I always have issues w/ it).

lara

Liquidliners are a lid product only - they aren't designed to be used on the waterline.

To get a pencil, fluidline, khol, whatever to 'stick' to your waterline, carefully remove as much moisture from the area as you can with a cotton bud. Look away from the bud as much as possible to remove the desire to 'fear blink'. When the area is dry, AND WITHOUT BLINKING (!!!, etc), line the waterline. This will help the product, especially if it's a Power Point, to grip the membrane and stay on for longer.
Remember to make sure if the product you're using is really eyesafe, though. Some of the Fluidlines contain mica, which is a big no-no on the eye membranes.

Generally though, that area is designed to stay wet and remove foreign products from the eye. Nothing is going to stay on there for all day, but drying the area before application will help product stay on for, say, an hour rather than just twenty minutes.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts