Wedding dinner - black dress / gold accessories - ideas, pretty please!

nywoe

Hello!

I need some m/u ideas for this outfit, pictured here:

169356267_77b8f6e76a.jpg

The dress is cocktail-length, and here's a close-up of the earrings (except mine are gold rather than silver):

b00y3k54.jpg

I'm an NC37 with Select Tint, and NC300 with Hyper Real foundation, yellow undertones. Was thinking along the lines of maybe a gold/green smokey - Gorgeous Gold, Humid, Greensmoke? Or maybe an all green smokey with Golden Olive, Greensmoke?

Am not sure what to do about lip colour though - this is what I own:

Lipsticks
VGII
Fastplay

Lipglasses
Pink Lemonade
Damzel
Lust
Lovechild
Little Vi
Magnetique
Pink Poodle

Would be very glad for your thoughts!
smiles.gif

lara

I'd do a really elegant neutral/vintage eye to compliment the cut of the dress and not compete with the brightness of your shoes/accessories.

Liquid liner with a chubby kick on the end and skin-toned neutrals with gentle contouring on the eye with a silky highlight like Shroom, with lashings of mascara on the top curled lashes and soft matte grey eyeshadow smudged on the bottom lashline. Lips, I'd fill with a soft pinked lipliner that's close to your natrual lip colour, then add a wash of Lust over the top.

Anything that involves eating or drinking, I always encourage all the focus to be on the eye and to carry off a soft nude lip - you want to be able to enjoy yourself and not have to worry about your dark/bright lipstick migrating all over your face every time you take a bite of something. It's a small but important detail.
smiles.gif

inlucesco

I agree with Lara, but I'd make sure the eyeshadow was a muted gold (I'm not sure if Gorgeous Gold fits the bill, I don't have it). And that's a fabulous outfit!

Lalli

your outfit looks wow
greengrin.gif
maybe you post a pic of when u wear it!! you'll look stunning
greengrin.gif

Latest posts