Wedding makeup

sunshynebabe

Hi Im new here, but I had a question. Im getting my makeup done by Mac this Saturday for a wedding, Im a Bridesmaid. How should I tell them what I want, will they do it naturally? Or do you have any suggestions on what to do for it? Thanks ladies.

BlahWah

Is it a makeover? If you can, bring a picture of your dress so they know the general colourings to work with. You should also check with the bride to see what type of look she's seeing for the bridesmaids (natural, edgy, colourful, featuring one colour, etc.).

If you have time, check out the eyeshadows beforehand (the gallery here is great for that) in case there's one colour/combination you'd really like to use. I wish I'd done that b/c the MA came up w/ two combo's and it was hard to choose, so I felt a bit pressured (she was really nice about it tho) and didn't think clearly whether I'd really like it or not.

One last suggestion: check out the bridal looks on the MAC site. I know they're for the brides, but at least you can get ideas and print a picture if you really like one of the looks.

Sorry so long, but I hope that helps!

MACluv

I completely agree with the very helpful above post.
smiles.gif
Have an idea in your mind about the look that you and or the bride want for the bridesmaids. MA's are generally very good but I've had the select fiew that didn't have very good knowlage about make up that is good for photography. Don't use anything like studio fix, or things with too much SPF. These will look great on you in real life, but will reflect the light from the camera and in some cases the pictures of you will look like you have a face and upper part of neck that are much lighter than the rest of your skin! Also, shimmer is beautiful, but just be cautious of anything way TOO simmery or TOO frosty (for lipstick especially). Ultimatly in my opinion, beautiful make up that is "classic" is always timeless.
smiles.gif
Hope that this helps a bit. I'm sure that you'll look beautiful!

Latest posts