Weird Question on NARS

kanine

I have 2 of their blush but something strange has happened to the covers. They feel rather sticky now. I hardly ever use them and the blush are in great condition. It's just annoying that everything sticks on the cover. Has anyone had this happen before and how do you clean it? TIA!

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Everything sticks to those compacts! I wipe mine down with an alcohol pad.

That's what I do too. So annoying, I'm not entirely sure how they figured the rubberised packaging was more practical.

kanine

Phew, thank goodness! I thought my compacts were the only weird ones
smiles.gif
I've tried washing with a soapy cloth before but it didn't work. Will need to try out alcohol next! Thanks for the suggestions!

pale blue

I really hope they change their packaging sometime, the rubber was cool looking for about 2 minutes. My NARS things are some of the dirtiest looking items in my traincase.

pinkfeet

Yeah some of mine do that, now when I get a new one I keep it in the box, it gives the rubber shell a slightly longer life before it turns to crap
icon_eek.gif

I wish they would change their packaging too. I hate it. But knowing them they will raise the price to double what they normally do every Jan and it will be a smaller amount.

hinna

Aww, i love the packaging. I think it's rather sleek, without having the harshness of sharp lines. It is easy to get dirty, even just with fingerprints but i'm a total perfectionist and try to keep everything neatly placed to avoid spillages and general mess. If i do happen to have an item that gets dirty, i'll wipe it down with a make-up remover face wipe and i find that removes any eyeshadow or foundation, for example, that got smudged onto it. I love my make-up too much, and can't stand anything spoiling it so i totally feel for you. Hope something works for the stickiness and you manage to sort it
smiles.gif

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
That's what I do too. So annoying, I'm not entirely sure how they figured the rubberised packaging was more practical.

I agree! I hate the packaging but I have noticed that I've never had a Nars product break on me and I drop my m/u all time.

Isis

Impact absorption! They must have been thinking of us clutzes
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
I wish they would change their packaging too. I hate it. But knowing them they will raise the price to double what they normally do every Jan and it will be a smaller amount.

I hope not!! The prices are steep enough...

Rowan

Yeah, I've heard the idea behind the rubberized compacts was to protect the product better if dropped. I only have a couple of Nars things, but I have noticed the compacts attract dust more easily than plastic. Mine don't get too bad though, but I do regularly wipe down my makeup packaging because all them eventually do attract dust, etc. I can't stand looking at dusty things.
icon_eek.gif
lol.gif
I use an alcohol-spritzed cotton pad.

mspixieears

Ah yes, with the more shimmery or light shades, keeping them in their boxes is definitely a good idea. It's true re. the impact absorption - I dropped a makeup item (Nars thank goodness) for the first time ever (I'm very careful about that stuff!) and no breakage.

But I'm willing to 'suffer' the packaging as the products are pretty damn fab. Whenever I wear NARS compliments oh how they flow like wine...

tiramisu

HA! I am glad to have come across this thread b/c I have to say don't wipe down your NARS with alcohol!!
nonono.gif

It makes them even more sticky (like you could-stick-them-on-you-and-they'd-hold-like-pasties sticky!!!) LOL
Besides, within a week, they'll look like hells again anyway!
th_dunno.gif

At least the product inside makes up for it!

Kuuipo

No alcohol.
Soap and water or their Hand Wipes (they sell these wipes, it works on their packaging)

Latest posts