What am i doing wrong? (blending)

sel00187

I cant blend to save my life. i have managed to blend one which i thought looked really good. i used Naked Lunch all over and Mulch on the lid. i dont understand what people mean by 'crease' because that looks to me as if only using eyeshadow in the crease and no where else? i only have the 242 and a benefit eyeshadow brush and im going to get the 224 today. but what am i doing wrong? it looks weird when i put phloof! all the way upto my eyebrow
ssad.gif
these are the colours i have...

aquadisiac, bronze, full flame, gleam, mulch, naked lunch, peppier, phloof! and swimming

Glitziegal

Take a photograph to show us...maybe that will shed some light.
Also take a look in the tutoral section. there are some great placement and blending tips there.
HTH.

glittergoddess27

Yep,.. if you search the forum there is also a diagram somewhere of an eye that shows exactly what area is considered the crease, browbone, etc,.... The 224 will help your blending (some people use windsield wiper motion but I do little circles on the area I am blending),.. I use mine a ton. And Glitzigal is correct,.. I just love the tutorial section!

Bre

Good blending is a skill that takes time and practice to master, don't worry if you haven't got there yet keep practicing!

Blending is about seamlessly combining colours together - where they meet you should not be able to see where each colour stops or starts. However while combining your colours you also need to be careful not to overblend hence losing the individual colours you started with and causing them to look "muddy"

As far as brushes go, in my opinion, as long as you have a good quality brush it will work fine with blending, it's about the pressure with which you apply it to your lid and the angle that your working at.

These are the fundamentals but honestly, it's very hard to understand or improve blending from written instructions or diagrams. I recommend you go visit a Mac store or any other reputabil make-up store, take a friend and ask the MA to do a demo of blending on your mate as you watch.

Good luck!

Latest posts