What Are All (Complete Set) Of The MAC Brushes I Should Use?

uniquelydivine

I'm in shopping mode and I wanna buy a complete set of MAC brushes.

Can y'all recommend what brushes I could get for use on my entire face (eyes, face, cheeks, lip, etc.)

Again, give me a complete list of the brushes I should own....it can be any amount of brushes, whether it be 10 or 30 brushes...doesn't matter!

Thanks!

~Coco~

That was my exact question I came on here to post !!! Thanks for asking it, eagerly looking forward to responses, I have $275 to blow!!

MAC_Pixie04

Well, i'm a brush lover myself....
For the Face you'll essentially need:
A concealer brush (194)

A foundation brush...but you have choices, if you're using liquid you can use either the 187 or the standard 190, it depends. I would personally pick up a 187 because it's so versatile, it could take the place of several brushes

Blush/Powder Brush-129 or 150, 129 is best for blush and powder, while the 150 would be a bit large for blush
Essentially those are the only three faces brush i think a person needs. When you've got too many, things get complicated. Unless you're a serious artist and you're into contouring and special techniques, face brushes are pretty simple.

Eye Brushes:
You want a brush for applying base over the eyelid: 252 is perfect for this, it's big but not obnoxious. It's synthetic I belive, so it works well for CCBs, Shadesticks, Paints, Creamshadows, UDPP (had to slip that in there)

You also want a brush for Applying color to the lid: My choices are 239 and 242 (252 wiped clean is good for this also if you have a good amount of "space" to work on the eye)

A blending/crease brush: I like to have several of these because i usually use a darker color in my crease to enhance my eye shape: I use 242 and 217, but 222 is also a good one.

A liner/brow brush: I have one that takes care of both: 266 angled. If you like more precise fine point lining, go for the 209.

I think the 231 brush is a good little tool: you can use it for blending liner in small places like under the lashline and even as a lip brush

There are only a few lipbrushes, so at that point, it becomes preference as you which shape you like. I like the squared one (318 i believe?) because it's a bit firmer so I find I have more control with it.

HTH!

saj20052006

Brush 129
Brush 150
Brush 187 or 190
Brush 266
Brush 275
Brush 224 or the newer version
Brush 213 or 228
Brush 316 or a good lip brush.

These are the only brushes I have and I can create the same looks as the MUAs at the counter.

saj20052006

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj20052006
Brush 129
Brush 150
Brush 187 or 190
Brush 266
Brush 275
Brush 224 or the newer version
Brush 213 or 228
Brush 316 or a good lip brush.

These are the only brushes I have and I can create the same looks as the MUAs at the counter.

Oh, I forgot one the 242