What brush do you use for blending?

Classic Beauty

smiles.gif

xiahe

sonia kashuk's blending brush. i'm too poor to afford the expensive MAC brushes. (well, i have one - the 266 - but that's it!)

blueyedlady87

For crease bleding, 224, for all over blending, the 213 fluffy brush works like a dream. the 224 brush is $28 and the 213 was $20, i believe. HTH!!

user3

Jude turned me on this little gem! The Sephora Large eyeshadow brush. It blends like dream!
Let's put it this way I wouldn't even think of blending without it.

When I talked to her about blending she also said that the Sephora All over shadow brush was good too.
I went with the large e/s brush because I already have a few similar to the all over one. Plus when I tested them out I liked the softness yes a bit stiff feeling of the large brush. It is my #1 blending tool! I use it for crease and all over blending.

Sushi_Flower

When you guys say blending, do you mean you blend across the entire lid after placing the colours? Cos those brushes look massive and seem like they would only do that and i only ever blend where 2 colours meet in tiny strokes.
Don't all the different colours blend into eachother messily if you use big blender brushes?

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
When you guys say blending, do you mean you blend across the entire lid after placing the colours? Cos those brushes look massive and seem like they would only do that and i only ever blend where 2 colours meet in tiny strokes.
Don't all the different colours blend into eachother messily if you use big blender brushes?

For me i blend where colors meet, where color stops, to lighten up a color, etc. The 224 i use to blend my crease color which gives it a more natural, polished look. The 213 I use for everything, especially blending the line where color starts and stops.

swaly

I use my fingers! I find that they're always the best tool for almost every kind of makeup application (except for precision lining) because you have much more direct control over the amount of pressure you exert on your skin. And they're easy to clean, aaaaand...you have ten of them, in varying sizes!

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
For me i blend where colors meet, where color stops, to lighten up a color, etc. The 224 i use to blend my crease color which gives it a more natural, polished look. The 213 I use for everything, especially blending the line where color starts and stops.

Yup this is what i do to..if you blend the colors all together they'll become muddy.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
Jude turned me on this little gem! The Sephora Large eyeshadow brush. It blends like dream!
Let's put it this way I wouldn't even think of blending without it.

When I talked to her about blending she also said that the Sephora All over shadow brush was good too.
I went with the large e/s brush because I already have a few similar to the all over one. Plus when I tested them out I liked the softness yes a bit stiff feeling of the large brush. It is my #1 blending tool! I use it for crease and all over blending.

I third this Sephora brush. It is the best for blending and it is really soft.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower

I blend as I apply. Then I finish off in by blending the colors together. I blend in small circles and only use the head of the brush. yes, if you were to swip across the eye a few times it would make a great blending mess. However, small little circles blends will make a nice blend. The Sephora large shadow brush I mention is large compared to other brush but the tip is sort of oval.
It really comes down to technique and how you would like your colors to look.

bluegrassbabe

I vary the brushes and technique depending on what I want to do. I use the 224 for the crease and for softening up color. I use the 213 on the lid a lot, my fingers when I want to "smoke out" darker colors. Sometime I use the brush to pull the colors into each other, and sometime I do the little circle thing. It all depends, you will get a different result with everything new you try.

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713

I use the 213 also fo blending especially on the lids but I have problem finding one blending for the crease also, I found 224 too big!! Which one is also good for blending on the crease, without being overblending?

angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_pink
Guess im the only one with a 217, that i <3.

same here! i use a patting motion w/ the 217 though!

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
I use the 213 also fo blending especially on the lids but I have problem finding one blending for the crease also, I found 224 too big!! Which one is also good for blending on the crease, without being overblending?

The 222 is very simiilar to 224 but a bit smaller, more precise, and the bristles are white. It's the smallest tapered crease brush (w/o an angle).

Latest posts