What do I take with me to Florida?

Hikaru-chan

I'm going to Orlando Florida on holiday for 2 weeks this August and I don't know which make-up to take with me. I don't want to take a huge amount (and no LE in case I lose them) but enough to give me different looks. I was thinking of taking with me MAC bronzing sticks and NARS multiples but I'm not sure if they will melt with the heat and the same goes for lipsticks. So far all I'm taking is Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, gloss (don't know which color) and Fibre Rich mascara. Please help.

Janice

IIRC you have the NARS laguna/orgasm duo? If you take that along with your mentioned items I think you would be set! You could also pick a palette, like those cute too faced beach bunny ones.
smiles.gif

I wouldn't take any creme products b/c they melt so easily.
ssad.gif

tarantula

hi ! i'm new but i live in florida and i certainly would bring blotting papers, a shadow palette, light fragrance . trust me if you like to go out at night or shopping you don't want to be identified as a tourist,right?
lol.gif

i just got 100 degrees and as good as gold and i love them as eyeshadows or blush . and don't believe that your mu is going to melt!!! your not going to leave your mu in a hot car (and my stuff survives even that!)also it would be great if you would bring a lipstick and a gloss. so you can have variety by wearing items alone or mixed. i hope you 'll enjoy your vacation & don't fear the heat ...ppl. actually live down here
lol.gif

Hikaru-chan

I will take with me NARS Laguna/Orgasm and I'm gonna buy a pallete hopefully one with lipgloss, lipstick and eyeshadow. What's MAC Turqatic fragrance like? is it light and fresh (still haven't got this in the UK).

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantula
and don't believe that your mu is going to melt!!! your not going to leave your mu in a hot car (and my stuff survives even that!)... i hope you 'll enjoy your vacation & don't fear the heat ...ppl. actually live down here
lol.gif

Things happen when your traveling.. things get left, or loaded onto the hot cargo area of plane, etc. It's just precaution.

I live in Texas, so I know about heat as well and even when I travel to a nearby city I take precautions with creme products.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
What's MAC Turqatic fragrance like? is it light and fresh (still haven't got this in the UK).

Turqautic is beautiful! You would love it.
smiles.gif

chocula

I live in Florida too and it is really casual here. If I travel anywhere else in the state, I usually take a small eyeshadow pallet to create some easy looks (the one I carry is a 4 pan with Naked Lunch, Nylon, Romp, and Carbon); 2 glosses, cheap waterproof/smudgeproof mascara; tinted moisturizer and blot powder.

Jen1234

DO NOT take a ton of makeup! I just got back from vacation in Europe. I packed a ton of makeup and only used a couple of things. I suggest packing a lipglass or two, a powder/foundation combo that has SPF, and mascara. Maybe a shadow palette if you don't think you can live without it. It was just too hot and I was too busy to go all out with makeup. If you're looking for palettes, NARS has a few good ones.

Shoe Crazy

Chocula...where in Tampa do you live? I live in Clearwater.

Hikaru-chan, I travel to NY every 5-6 months or so and I always tend to over pack when it comes to makeup. Only take what you know you will wear. I try to bring essentials with me. I am going to Orlando for July 4th weekend I am so excited and I am too trying to figure out which makeup to take with me. Since we will be going out a lot I always like to look my best. I don't know if you plan on visiting any of the theme parks but keep in mind during the day all that walking around in the sun and sweating you won't want to be wearing a lot of makeup so bring stuff that is light and neutral for the day time as well.