What do you think of this auction?

nelyanaphonexia

I'm pretty sure this is too good to be true, there are pictures but they seem fuzzy and not very clear. I've seen lots of auctions like this, with lots of piggies or shadows. Just thought I would ask all my fellow Specktrites about this one:

Authentic MACs Pigment 60 Colour Eyeshadow in box - eBay (item 270272905208 end time Sep-12-08 07:16:11 PDT)

Also, if you want to post other links to bad piggies/shadows or just other links to in question piggies/shadows. I wouldn't mind.
smiles.gif

redambition

unfortunately from the pics they provide it's impossible to distinguish if the pigments are real or not.

The seller is located in Hong Kong, the list contains pigments that are known to be counterfeited and it's a large lot for a low per-jar price so this would be one to avoid.

Shaquille

I'd say it's safe not to buy them because they are a lot and cost much too.. so better safe than sorry =)

Xqueeze_me

Mmm... Easily scratched box as shown with the Golden Lemon. Dot matrix-ed batch code and label on bottom of jar looks dodgy. Sold in bulk as well and from Hong Kong. Avoid.

panda0410

I cant say for the others but the Golden Lemon is DEFINITELY a fake.... Some of these lots of fakes are coming with centre placed top box stickers, and the base stickers have large bulky print like this.... In line with this lot of fakes are Apricot Pink and Goldenaire anda few others as well. Saw a fake Vanilla with the same hallmarks.... Beware because there is also a fake Entremauve like these ones floating about!