What else do I need?

fishchick72

I am pretty new to MAC eyeshadows, but I am loving them.

So far I have:
ricepaper
kid, amber lights, cork
velvet moss, overgrown
chrome yellow
brun, scene

My next trip to MAC I am planning to get some blues (4-6 perhaps, since there's so many shades of blue in my wardrobe)

After that I am planning to get another green, 3 pinks, & 3 violets

Then after that maybe some more shades of brown (I love earth tones best, but am having fun experimenting with color), some more neutral lid shades that go with a lot of colors, & maybe some more highlighting shades.

MAYBE a teal & an orange?? Not sure how much I would use these....

And I bought scene to do a smokey eye, but I do think I want carbon & black tied also.

So what am I missing here? Any color categories that I've totally overlooked?

And do they possibly make a burgundy shade of eyeshadow? I'm only asking because that color looks sooo good on me in clothing that I'd like to give it a try in eyeshadow.

I suppose I should add that I am medium skin toned with pink undertones that I am always trying to hide & I have green-yellow hazel eyes. I have medium brown hair with a blonde weave.

AudreyNicole

I am just starting my e/s collection but here are some of my favorites!
Pinks: Swish, Expensive Pink, Cranberry
Purples: Stars and Rockets, Satellite Dreams, Beautiful Iris, Trax, Nocturnelle
Blues: Moon's Reflection, Tilt, Freshwater, Fade
Greens: Juxt, Swimming, Humid
Teals: Steamy, Shimmermoss
Oranges: Coppering, Lovebud
Neutrals: Retrospeck, Naked Lunch, Woodwinked, All that Glitters
Browns: Mulch, Bronze
Highlights: Nylon (my fav), Forgery, Retrospeck

As far as burgandy e/s there are a few that look burgandy on me - Cranberry & Sketch. I am pretty fair and with them, I have to apply alot, but it is definately a burgandy shade. Maybe Beauty Marked & Shadowy Lady too. Cranberry and Beauty Marked are more red burgandy and Sketch and Shadowy Lady are more plum burgandy on me.

Hope that helps! Have fun shopping!
smiles.gif

MACBunny

So many questions!
eeksign.gif
But all very good ones, so I'll do my best.

BLUES:
Can't help you too much with the blues since I only own Steamy & Club. I like Steamy b/c it has some gold sheen & green to it so it's not so "in-your-face." YOU NEED TO GET CLUB!!! Take a look at an FOTD w/it b/c it is GORGEOUS duochrome of blue & green. Makes a great smokey eye paired w/Vex.
eyelove.gif
Other blue faves I've seen have been Deep Truth, Freshwater, & Aquadisiac.

GREENS:
Your next one has to be Sumptuous Olive (Veluxe Pearl) & absolutely gorge! Get Lichen eye kohl if you can find it too! For more greens, I would look at Humid (evergreen), Femme Noir (deep pine green), or Fiction (subtle green w/gold shimmer). All of them would look great in the crease w/Velvet Moss & Overgrown on the lid.

PINKS:
I love Mink Pink as a matte base! Expensive Pink is pretty & Veluxe Pearl. Also look at Swish & Phloof! (great highlighter w/touch of pink).

VIOLETS:
I would get Digit as a wash, Beautiful Iris for lid, & Satellite Dreams for the crease.

NEUTRALS, etc:
Okay, I just got Brule yesterday & LOVE it. You can wear it with anything--very neutral, just makes your eyelid looks supersmooth. I 2nd Naked Lunch (awesome 4 browbone) and Retrospeck! Motif is another fave of mine b/c it goes so well with greens. Example: Motif + Velvet Moss = LOVE!

BURGUNDYS:
Sketch is my Holy Grail of Burgundy shadows. Get it. I'd also recommend looking at Trax, Cranberry, & Beauty Marked. All gorgeous. If you want something more subtle, I got Embark yesterday and really like it. It is a dark matte brown w/burgundy in it.

Hope that helped! Enjoy!

LatinaRose

are steamy and club considered blues? they do not look blue at all to me...

blues: deep truth, electric eel, aquadisiac (more teal than blue)
greens: humid-intense, greensmoke-natural
pinks: sushi flower, melton mauve
purples: parfait amour
neutrals: charcoal brown, nylon, arena
burgandy: sketch, beauty marked

have fun!

fishchick72

ok, so I think I'm going tonight to get some more with my stepdaughter. I think I'll wait on the blues, I'm gonna get another green (probably humid, but I'll look at femme noir & the others too). Then I want brule, espresso, shroom, & 3 shades of pink & print & shale. After that at another time I'll do some blues & reasess my neutral lid & highlight needs & look for a burgundy. And I'm still undecided on whether I want orange & teal or not. And later on I'll compare black tied & carbon & pick one or get both!!

gnippy

I just got Tilt and haven't tried it yet but it looks so pretty in the pan.

If you can find Moth Brown (heard it is showing up at some of the CCOs) it is a great color. It can be paired w/so many things.

Deep Truth is pretty if you like a really deep blue. I also love Swimming and Humid in the green family!

pumpkincat210

lues: freshwater, electric eel, tilt(its a purple, blue, green duochrome)
greens: humid, surreal
pinks: swish
purples: parfait amour, stars n rockets
neutrals: Black Tied or Carbon, Woodwinked, shroom, phloof!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchick72
ok, so I think I'm going tonight to get some more with my stepdaughter. I think I'll wait on the blues, I'm gonna get another green (probably humid, but I'll look at femme noir & the others too). Then I want brule, espresso, shroom, & 3 shades of pink & print & shale. After that at another time I'll do some blues & reasess my neutral lid & highlight needs & look for a burgundy. And I'm still undecided on whether I want orange & teal or not. And later on I'll compare black tied & carbon & pick one or get both!!

What did you end up getting? I want to live through you til DH gets paid! LOL!

fishchick72

ok, I had to limit it to 6, but I got juxt, humid, shale, print, pink venus, & black tied. When DH gets paid next I'm gonna go get three more, as of now I'm planning on beauty marked, sketch, & maybe zonk bleu (I have a teal shirt & need a teal for it). Then I still want brule, shroom, espresso, grain, yogurt, mulch, & then the blues. And then maybe carbon & an orange.

talk2mesun

To add to
ricepaper
kid, amber lights, cork
velvet moss, overgrown
chrome yellow
brun, scene

I;d get
BLUE: Aquadisiac, Moon's Reflection, Flashtrack,
GREEN: 1 swimming, 2 humid
ORANGE: love bud
TEAL: steamy/surreal
VIOLET: Beautiful Iris, Stars N Rockets
BROWNS/EARTHY:WOodwinked, honesty, Mulch, Twinks, Antiqued, Sumptuous Olive
PINKS: Swish, Pink Venus, Sweet Lust
SORTA BURGUNDY: Beauty Marked, Cranberry

MissMarley

My suggestions:
Swish is a great pink,Greensmoke or Fiction for a nice deep green, Parfait Amour for violet, All that Glitters and Woodwinked for neutrals
Burgundies: Cranberry and Sketch- both are BEAUTIFUL. I like Cranberry better, I find it easier to blend.
Zonk Bleu is nice, but I think Surreal is a better teal. Have you looked at Silvers yet? Electra and Silver Ring are both great.
For some darker colors for your crease or as liners, I'd suggest Knight Devine and Trax too

Latest posts