What else do u do besides makeup?

DirtyPlum

I'm a MAC artist on the weekends and work in Project Management full-time during the week!

I love both, but MU a lil bit more...

smexiebinks

I'm a teacher but I love doing makeup on myself and my friends.

The parents admire the looks I do and the children (the girls) are always interested in the looks.
When I don't wear makeup ....they are like "What happened? Where are the colors!?" They are so cute.

pinklips1207

i'm a part time administrative assistant for the Nephrology Dept,and i'm trying to get my license as a Respiratory Therapist. I wear make-up everytime i'm sched to work b/c it makes me feel good and wakes me up! LOL! i only work part time so when i do have extra money, i ran to the MAC counter!

anita22

I work in marketing, managing a brand of consumer goods. I'm one of the few people at my work who is into makeup all that much, and our workplace is pretty casual so not much excuse to get dolled up. (Contrary to what many people think, working in marketing is not necessarily the same as working in advertising, so not quite the same level of glamour... I don't sit around at ad shoots all day sipping espresso and looking fab... at least, not all the time!
winkiss.gif
)

MUALindsay

I work the night shift in a factory. Hehe. We make wood products, mostly cabinetry for schools/business. My title is CNC Programmer. I sit in a "tool room" and get anybody anything they come in and need. Only the higher ups can get in without me letting them in... so I sit here on the PC most of the night.
smiles.gif
I fix and write programs for the CNC Routers. Since that isn't a full 8 hour job, on the night shift anyways, I also run a machine that sharpens saw blades & set up router bits... monkey work I call it. No one to impress around here so I only wear makeup when I'm feeling like it or have gone somewhere before work.

I would love to work at a MU counter or store, like Sephora or such, but there's none around here. The closest Estee Lauder/Clinique/Lacome is about an hour from my house and it's a tiny mall and isn't very busy. (And I'm positive I get paid more here. This is partially what I did go to school for...) I'd like to attend MU classes, but no schooling around here except for something like an Esthetician, but classes are 6 hours/day and there's no way I'd have time to sleep.
ssad.gif
I would love freelance work, as well, but I need some training, first. What to do, what to do...
th_dunno.gif

aleksis210

I'm sorry you don't have any counters located near you, if it helps I've always wanted to work at a factory(on the line though...)...I love repetition and yes you do get paid a lot more, especially starting!

studiosila

I run an online fashion house sila which keeps my on my toes through the week days, trial's and makeup consultations on weeknights and the actual wedding makeup on weekends.

PuterChick

I am a Sr. Systems Analyst, support all aspects of networked hardware and software. My passion is makeup and clothes since I was a little girl!! The job affords me my passion.

blondemafia76

because I moved from a biiig city to a small town, I had to give up the full time MUA. no fair.
But I love the country life, so its worth it.
I work from home for a customer service based company that outsources customer service calls to at home agents. (best buy, virgin mobile, time warner cable...) Im in Operations Support, and I love it. I work 4 ten hour shifts, in the middle of the night... lots of time for online shopping, and the pay is awesome.

They only time I get to do anything makeup related around here is prom and other school dance time, cheer try outs (Im not even kidding), and weddings. No real big jobs in forrreeeeeevvver. That stinks.

Oh, and Im new, hello!
mac_addict.gif

I do beauty full time... Nails, Spray tan, Waxing, Lashes, Make-up. Mainly the training side of things now.

Haven't been doing Make-up that long, (don't teach make-up) but its what i enjoy the most.

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondemafia76
because I moved from a biiig city to a small town, I had to give up the full time MUA. no fair.
I work from home for a customer service based company that outsources customer service calls to at home agents. (best buy, virgin mobile, time warner cable...) Im in Operations Support, and I love it. I work 4 ten hour shifts, in the middle of the night... lots of time for online shopping, and the pay is awesome.

They only time I get to do anything makeup related around here is prom and other school dance time, cheer try outs (Im not even kidding), and weddings. No real big jobs in forrreeeeeevvver. That stinks.

Oh, and Im new, hello!
mac_addict.gif

Lol, I didn't even look to see where you were located. As soon as you said cheer try outs, I immediately thought "She MUST live in TX". Lol. I know cheering is VERY serious there.

Glittereuphoria

I work full-time as a paralegal in a law firm, but took professional makeup training this year. I just started my freelance makeup business. Would love to do makeup full-time, but it will take awhile to make the money that I make now as a paralegal. But I love makeup, it's what makes me soooo happy!

lanise1328

I am a Jewelry Designer, which I love just as much as make up. I use to work for Estee' Lauder but now I'm in school to be an Esthetician.

*Gigi*

I work as an inside sales rep at a door manufacturing company. I have been involved in Millwork for about 5 years. I do MU freelance as a supplemental income. I live in a predominantly rural area, so it would be hard to have MU be my only income since the demand is not great.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondemafia76

Oh, and Im new, hello!
mac_addict.gif

This sounds like an interesting, ideal job. Would you mind sharing some more info? Or is it this not a type of job that anyone can do? Thanks
smiles.gif

amishmethlab

I know this thread is a bit old, I hope you guys don't mind me grave digging.

I own my own business (selling aftermarket car parts), am a mechanic/welder, uncertified, however most shops around here couldn't care less as long as you can put out a good product.

I'm also full-time in college but I take all but one class online. Psychology major, but actually planning to go to law school.

And I do make-up artistry primarily for weddings. It's definitely a part time thing, depending on the time of year as I live in Florida...

My life is like that in many aspects, two very different extremes... lol....

Im a full time make up artist,im a (new)counter manager for smashbox cosmetics,i worked for bobbi brown the past 2 years,prescriptives before that & was in make up school for 6 months and before that 2 years in beauty school.I also do freelance when i can which inc alot of weddings,fashion shows etc.

I still cant believe im doing what i love & getting paid for it,out of all my friends i had no idea what i wanted to do career wise growing up.
Im only 23 now.

You guys here dont know how much you all inspire me & helped turn my hobbie into my career.

So suppose the answer to you question what else other than make up.....pretty much nothing lol xxx

iadoremac

Current MBA student ex-banker (Citi). I have always liked makeup and its always been part of my routine. I guess i got it from my mom who used to be a CEO in a very large insurance firm and she'd go to work everyday with complete makeup on