What is my palette missing?

Rebecca88

Hi everybody!

I'm Rebecca and I'm new here.

Hoping you guys could help me 'round out' my palette.

I was originally going to purchase the warm neutral mac palette, but then I had a change of heart and have chosen 15 colors through their website to make my own palette.

Currently I do not own any MAC shadows, or palettes.

I'm between NC 25 and NC30, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.

The palette, I'm not sure if the transition colors I chose are too close to some of the other colors i.e. bronze etc.

Is my palette okay? Which other colors would you recommend instead of these? (mainly the third row with more matte browns). And would you consider these combinations warm/cool? I was trying to mainly look for a neutral palette, which suits my skin tone and features.

Thank you guys sorry if this was too long!!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
It looks good to me... although I would recommend picking something other than Carbon. It's not the best (most intense) black in the market anymore... and MAC tends to put that one in almost every quad or palette. That way, if you see a palette you really like in the future, and it has Carbon (and it will most likely happen), you won't end up with duplicates.

Hope that helps!
2cents.gif

P.S. I moved this to MAC Recommendations.
peace2.gif

Rebecca88

Thank you so much Jennifae, I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section of the forum.

Is there another colour you could recommend me in the place of Carbon?
And would you consider the colors I've chosen as warm/cool?

Would Handwritten instead of Carbon be a good choice? I thought handwritten would be a bit warmer compared to mystery and and espresso.

Thank you so much for helping me out, I am so excited!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Quote: Thank you so much Jennifae, I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section of the forum.

No problem and welcome to Specktra!
specktra_welcome.gif

Quote: Is there another colour you could recommend me in the place of Carbon?

How about Typographic? It's not quite a black, but it’s a very dark gray.

Quote: And would you consider the colors I've chosen as warm/cool?

They look predominantly warm to me.

Quote: Would Handwritten instead of Carbon be a good choice? I thought handwritten would be a bit warmer compared to mystery and and espresso.

Handwritten is another good choice if you want a dark warm brown.

I hope that helps! Building your first MAC palette can be very exciting!

Rebecca88

Thank you so much! I am hesitating a lot on this. I think I'm going for handwritten and will order typographic for the second palette.