What kind of camera should I buy??

Tinkee-Belle

I want one that can take good close ups for FOTD but is small enough that I can carry it around in my purse. I lost my camera (kodak easyshare... it sucked) and wanna buy a new one!!

pumpkincat210

canon's and nikon's are really good and they come in small models. I wouldn't recommend a sony because they break easily and don't seem to be as sturdy as other brands.

newagetomatoz

I have a Cannon Elph and I love it! It is really small, like the size of a guy's wallet, come in fun colors and takes some really detailed photos once you figure out how to use it. :nod:

I also second staying away from Sony's. They're nice and all, but there are better ones out there, especially in durability.

OohJeannie

I just bought the Blue Nikon Coolpix s210 - Its 8 Megapixels for $149
Im super happy with it!
th_DANCE.gif

Nikon_s210.jpg

VDUB*BELLA

Just picked up a Samsung L100 from Futureshop for $149
Its 8.2 MP, slim and metal housing (I actually dropped it today onto concrete no damage!)

This thing has face detection so when taking group shots it focus on the face BUT... its also good for FOTD's because it also has face detection for self portraits and it'll 'chirp' when the camera recognizes your face and adjusts lighting and focus accordingly (loooooooooove it)

I just came off a Kodak as well so I know how you feel about the crappy factor and this is such a step forward

Samsung_L100_Black.jpeg

Sanayhs

Aaaaaand another vote for Canon. I have one of the digital elphs with image stabilization and I absolutely adore it. The SD700IS, I think? Easy to use for a point and click, but also enough options to give you room to play and customize without getting into a crazy expensive, bulky camera.

xsnowwhite

I LOVE my sony cybershot. It is perfect size and has tons of cool features. My mom has a canon but it broke after a short while using it.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

canon, they are FANTASTIC cameras. I have owned 2 (gave my old one to my mom) they take great pictures.

I have a powershot (forgot the model) and it has tons of options . i love it. I got it off of Newegg.com for cheap

IMG_0016-1.jpg

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Just picked up a Samsung L100 from Futureshop for $149
Its 8.2 MP, slim and metal housing (I actually dropped it today onto concrete no damage!)

This thing has face detection so when taking group shots it focus on the face BUT... its also good for FOTD's because it also has face detection for self portraits and it'll 'chirp' when the camera recognizes your face and adjusts lighting and focus accordingly (loooooooooove it)

I just came off a Kodak as well so I know how you feel about the crappy factor and this is such a step forward

Samsung_L100_Black.jpeg

I want this so much. They have it in red right?
I have a Kodak and I hate it. So much.
Actually, it's stopped switching on?? anyone know why that might be?