What make-up could I wear with this dress?

sel00187

S8000366.jpg

I'm wearing that to a hotel we are having a meal and staying the night, but I dont know what colours to wear, its quite posh so I dont want to go too over the top but I want to look nice. If you could recomend any make-up that would be greeeeeat
winks.gif

maggysfbayb

WOW!!! Your dress is so beautiful! I love it!

So, I would say colors like:

- paint untitled as a base
- Fairylite pigment + Gleam/jest (highlight)
- Woodwicked
- Mulch
- Carbon
and a very nice black eye liner

mskitchmas

how about a wash of shroom (depending on your skintone) over the entire eye, lots and lots of black mascara, and a clean, deep red lip?

ebonyannette

Bamboo all over with sketch or mulch in the crease. Blacktrack or Dipdown f/l or stubborn brown/teddy eye pencil

A red lip would be great, or you can go with a peachy/nude lip.

or maybe melon piggie all over with dark soul in the crease, vanila to highlight ?

labwom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
or maybe melon piggie all over with dark soul in the crease, vanila to highlight ?

That would look awesome!

sel00187

thanks for all your suggestions
greengrin.gif
ive wrote them all down and im going to go to MAC tomorrow to see what I can pick up.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitchmas
how about a wash of shroom (depending on your skintone) over the entire eye, lots and lots of black mascara, and a clean, deep red lip?

My suggestion as well!!!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitchmas

I don't know what your colouring is, but as an NW25 I couldn't agree more. That look is the perfect pairing for such a classically tailored dress and it is a look that won't overwhelm the dress (which is beautiful, BTW). If you wanted a crease colour, maybe somthing light like Sunpepper pigment. I would also suggest a slight cateye with black fluidline. Maybe #20 half-lashes if you feel comfortable with those. Maybe just a kiss of a light pink blush on the apples of the cheeks.

We need some pics when you are all dressed up! Have fun!
smiles.gif

sel00187

thank youuu
greengrin.gif
im so glad you all like the dress. Im swaying towards Shroom now with black eyeliner. I'll let you know what I decide tomorrow
winks.gif

Glitziegal

I would go with a neutral eye. Something like goldenaire and tan, with a black liner and a soft red lip. Something like Chance encounter, or Venetian.

Love the dress...hope you have a great time
smiles.gif

OnaFyre

Not to be totally contriarian to everyone else, and you've proably already gone on your dinner and such, but looking at the new Jewelescent collection makes me think that a subtle use of emerald green on the eye would make a nice contrast to the neutrals of the dress and give you a touch of color for to make it exciting.

How's that for a run-on sentense... Or maybe it's just Faulkneresque...

sel00187

i wouldnt have ever thought about using green, thanks!
smiles.gif
I bought Shroom, retrospeck, honesty (because they didnt have tempting, im going to get it next week) 219 brush, teddy eye kohl and melon pigment.

Latest posts