What mascara should I use to curl my lashes?

Pink_minx

Im asian and as some of you know that some asians dont have a crease (like me!) and its harder to keep my lashes curled all day long. I always have to use the eye curler and like half an hour later my lashes are stick straight. So any mascaras you recommend that will help keep my lashes curled?

chiq

I've had the same problem here. I've found that curling them first, and then using Shiseido Mascara Base underneath your regular mascara works wonders. One coat mascara base, let it dry for 30 seconds, then apply 2 coats mascara works best.

NOTE: do not use Diorshow with this, it makes it clumpy, I think it's something with the formula, Diorshow works best alone..

Mascaras I've found work pretty well with the base are.. Benefit Bad Gal Mascara, MAC Fibrerich, and plain old drug store Maybelline Volume Xpress...but BADGAL is the best with this.

It's gonna be a some work to remove, but I use the MAC Cleansing Oil, which is pretty good, you have to wash twice though, and follow with cleanser. But it's worth it..

Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

afterglow

I'm Asian, and I have stick straight eyelashes, too. With this combo, I can make my curl hold all effing day, until I shower at like 12am:
1) curl lashes with metal curler (doesn't need to be heated)
2) 2 coats of Maybelline Full 'n Soft (waterproof formula) OR Maybelline Sky High Curves (waterproof formula) [I prefer Full 'n Soft since it makes my lashes look more lush]
3) 1 coat of MAC Mascara X
Without one or the other mascara, my curl droops. But if I use them together for some reason, they hold all day! I use Neotrogena Oil-free Makeup Remover, which gets it all off easily. HTH!

Dreamergirl3

The only thing I've tried that keeps my lashes curled all day and night is Maybelline Full n Soft WATERPROOF, as afterglow said. It has to be the waterproof version. Its a pain in the ass, and takes a while to get off but its the only thing that holds my curl for more than an hour--let alone 24 hours! Its my hg!

ambidextrous

I use the Shu Uemura Basic Mascara, it's waterproof although it only says so on the paper inside. I got it in Taiwan where there's only this one version. So get the Waterproof Basic Mascara by Shu, it holds my curl pretty well (also Asian with stick straight lashes).

Pink_minx

thanks for the advices! I could probably try Bad Gal and Shu Uemura for now and see how it works.

Latest posts