What should you do after buying fake MAC on Ebay?

lurk

I purchased a #187 brush on eBay from scrolljjj. I am fairly certain it is fake after reading some threads on this site. Damnit!!!! I am so frustrated. What should I do, now? Report him to eBay? Paypal? Both? Is it possible to get my money back?

I'm so glad I found this site, I had no idea MAC fakes were so prevalent on eBay. I was all ready to buy several other brushes from another seller, but now I'm so paranoid I may just pay full price from now on.
cry.gif

Thanks for your help, everyone.

lurk

I contacted the seller who insists it is authentic.

"first . we guarantee item was 100% authentic. we purchase our item from M.A.C reseller"

Suggestions as to how I should respond?

Once I pay for shipping and lose the original shipping charge, it won't be worth the refund. I'm sure it is fake, it looks exactly like those pictured in the thread comparing genuine to counterfeit.

Holly

contact the seller for a refund, including shipping (both ways imo), and if they don't do that file a Significantly Not as Described Dispute on paypal. Hth
ssad.gif
Sorry that happened to you

caffn8me

scrolljjj's brushes are definitely fake and that has been reported on this forum before.
Raise a dispute with PayPal declaring the items to be counterfeit and requiring full refund including outward and return shipping. If you get no joy then contact Consumer Protection in Georgia for their action against the seller. Selling counterfeit products is a criminal offence.

mklkekk

I think it's dangerous and risky to purchase any make-up from a seller that cannot refund or guarantee the product. I purchased a clinique item that was expired. Plus there are outlet stores at many Outlet Malls in the U.S that offere MAC overstock and discontinued items at a great discount. If you have a bad reaction from a beauty product from a reseller there is no liabilty.

gildedangel

I'm sorry about that! File a paypal claim and demand a refund. If you want to get brushes cheaper, search online for a CCO in you area, they get their brushes straight from MAC and they are 30% cheaper.