what to pair with pink venus?

fishchick72

I would like to find a way to pair it with black tied for a special occasion coming up where I'll be wearing a black dress with pink trim, but I don't know how to do it. Any suggestions for that would be great & any other suggestions for pink venus (for everyday wear) would also be greatly appreciated.

baby_love

hmmm...you could try pink venus on the lid, ruby red in the crease and black tied on the outer corner, to contour your eyes a little, I guess that's what you call it :-/ but I suggest using the 222 for this. and if you don't have ruby red, I'd use Pink Pearl, but it's probably too crazy, so maybeeee......fuschia pigment in the crease? I dunno. I just found my pink venus again after months of neglecting it, so I'm coming up with new ideas for it.

Raerae

I've done Pink Venus,Romantique, Sushi Flower, and Black Tied...

Romantique on Lid, Sushi Flower in Crease, Pink Venus as a browbone highlight, and Blacktied on the outer V...

I also have this loose pigment thats almost white or tanish,no idea what it's called, only that it's MAC lol... it's in a film canister atm lol... Got it from a friend of mine a while back...

I line my waterline with Engraved Power Point Pencil, as well as tightline my upper waterline/lid area... And smudge the liner down from my lower waterline under my lower lashes/lower lid area...

Then I take that tan/white loose pigment, and blend that into my lower lash line with the smudged eyeliner... When the powder goes on thin, it's nearly invisible, sides the sparkle, so it gives the black liner a little bit of glimmer...

So my eye is pinkish on the lid, with a little pop in the crease, that fades away nicely into my skin color, since I have pink undertones that blend well with Pink Venus, this way my eyes dont look garish. And the lower lid is this smokey black, that liner the lower eye and into the outer V/crease.

Cyn

Maybe you should list what you do have, perhaps people can come up with some good ideas.

fishchick72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn
Maybe you should list what you do have, perhaps people can come up with some good ideas.

Ok, that's a great idea! I am new to MAC, only been wearing it for one week now, but I have managed to get 15 colors in one week!!

I have:
pink venus
black tied
print
shale
scene
humid
juxt
velvet moss
overgrown
chrome yellow
amber lights
brun
ricepaper
cork
kid

Raerae

Well since your going to a wedding, I'm not sure how "colorful" you want to go... Super bright makeup might not be the best option, however you can still use color in a classy way.

Also, since your dress is pink/black, do you really want to match your eyecolor to it?

Imho, instead of using a analogous color, use a complemantary color on your eyes... Pinks go really well with Blues and Greens imho...

Also, what color is your hair?

Glow

I don't know how to help you.
But I know pink venus looks great with aquadisiac. gracious me, golden lemon

koolmnbv

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but SonRisa has a very very pretty FOTD it is a pink lid with a dk grey/black crease. Her colors she used are not the same as the ones you have but you can see how it looks adapted to your colors. I just think it is so pretty. http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33107 this is the link It is the 3rd FOTD down. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this link, If so I apologize in advance I really love her work!

Latest posts