What to wear when going for Heatherette makeover...

Chikky

On my face? Do I wear my normal base, or let them apply that, too? I just hate to make them do it if they don't have to, but I know that there's always 'fallout' and I don't want it to ruin the base. Any suggestions?

clamster

My suggestion is to just do you regular skincare routine & not apply a make up base. They will probably do that for you.

erine1881

the appts are only eyes, lips and cheeks (at most places anyway). do your own foundation. if there is fallout, we have ways of cleaning it up without messing up your foundation. it's called fast response eye cream! and if it gets messed up, it only takes a few seconds to fix it.

Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the appts are only eyes, lips and cheeks (at most places anyway). do your own foundation. if there is fallout, we have ways of cleaning it up without messing up your foundation. it's called fast response eye cream! and if it gets messed up, it only takes a few seconds to fix it.

Hmm, you sure about that? I was told it would be a full makeover and it would cost $45 redeemable in products. The last time I got a makeover done at a MAC counter the MA did everything starting from the base.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable
Hmm, you sure about that? I was told it would be a full makeover and it would cost $45 redeemable in products. The last time I got a makeover done at a MAC counter the MA did everything starting from the base.

did you go for a regular appt? regular appts are an hour long, and are full face. event appts are 30 min and eyes, lips, cheeks.

Flammable

My last makeover at MAC was a while ago when the policy was to spend $35 redeemable in products and at that time the MA did my full face. I honestly don't remember how long it was but it couldn't have been an hour.
As for the Heatherette event, the MA said it was a full makeover when I booked my appt. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Dianora

I went for an event makeover at the Fafi event, and it lasted 45 minutes and she put on everything from base and concealer up to eyes/cheeks/lips.

GlamYOURUs

I am going to go in with a plain jane face. My MA will do all the work as far as moisturizing and applying face products and then lips, cheeks, eyes etc. She does this at the end of the makeover though, she does the eyes first. My Fafi makeover lasted a good 45 mins as well.

I will wearing something hot though when I go in. lol

erine1881

i guess it varies by location. my counter, and all the other locations in my state, do 30 min, e/l/c appts for all events. if they want foundation, they get passed off to whoever is working the counter. we explain to them when they make the appt that it is just e/l/c, so that they don't expect foundation as well (like in a regular 60 min appt). otherwise, this pushes all of our appts back, making each appt run behind.

i would call and ask what all they do for your appt, so you aren't surprised when you get there.

blindpassion

When I had my makeup done for Fafi, I came with nothing on, I just did my regular skin care rountine. I told my MUA that I wasnt sure if I should have done anything or not and she said she likes starting from a clean slate, but I guess it depends on the counter and the MUA. Call ahead and ask
smiles.gif

Chikky

Thanks guys, I think I am gonna call. Or, ya know... Stop in. But that's dangerous. Hehe.
winks.gif