WHAT took me so LONG!!!?????

Diviniti

...to get over it and try Paints!? I have tried a couple of them (Bamboom and Deep Shadow) and I LOVE them.

Now, here's the question...when do YOU use the more intense colored paints? To make an eyeshadow you use over it more vibrant? So far I have only used them as a base...but I do see how they enhance the shadow color. I just want info on other ways to use paints...especially colors like Graphito and Flammable...even Canton Candy.

Thanks!

Juneplum

moving to recs.

i love paints! like u said, they are great for a base under shadows to intensify the color.. flammable is AWESOME under pinks! so is canton candy.. graphito is cool for a smokey eye or under a dark color.. u can use them alone as as shadowtoo.. they're very versatile =)

ruby_soho

The first paint I bought was Flammable, and i use it as a base under red, orange, or purple shadows. I bought Bare Canvas as an everyday base, for use under any colour, or just to even out my eye skin:p. Yesterday I bought Mauvism and Pixel, and the 239 brush and I love using the brush with them. The brush makes it so much easier to apply, with Bare Canvas I just used my fingers since it's not a bold color.

veilchen

I also just love my paints!!

I think I have about 8 to 10 now, ranging from various basic colours (Bare Canvas, Stillife, Base Light, Sublime Nature) to ones that help intensify eyeshadow, e.g. Canton Candy under pinks (I feel it makes such a difference, especially light pinks stand out much more), Mauvism under purples or Chartru under greens ... I also like to use Structural Brown or Magrittes on their own when I'm in a hurry, just to get a sweep of colour without doing much.