What would be a good highlighting concealer for me

akhorounjaia

So I am trying to get the Kim Kardashian look of the heavy highlighted, contoured face. I am shade 117 in the Makeup Forever HD foundation, Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown Skin, and Gobi in the Nars Sheer Glow. I am fair with a yellow undertone so I assume that I'd be a NC20 in Mac. So what shade in the prolong wear concealer should I get? Any other concealer recommendations would be nice to get too :) thank you

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'd recommend to check out the Prep + Prime Highlighter. Not sure what shade would be best for you, I'd guess Light Boost.

(I deleted the second thread you started for this as it was the same question :) )

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think you should go to a counter or freestanding store, if you can, and get matched in person. (Preferably by an associate who knows what they're doing, as it seems like not all of them do!) It's also important to note that not all MAC formulas are created equal, so do not assume that you're going to be NC20 in everything. Some formulas run lighter, or darker, than others, both within foundations and concealers.

valentine580

I agree with Naynadine. A highlighting pen would be fantastic for this! I'm taking it that you probably saw someone on youtube or instagram using the prolongwear. Honestly, it's drying and I feel like it defines the fine lines underneath the eye even more prominently than any of the other concealers or highlighting pens MAC makes. If you are dead set on using the prolongwear though, NC15 or 20 would be my recommendation if you are an NC20, but as shellygirl stated above, your BEST bet is to go to a store and get matched because all formulas are not created equal.