What's the best way to apply paints?

~LadyLocks~

I was in search of the perfect base for the lids because I was having a problem with creasing so some people sugessted using paints. I decided to follow the advice and purchased a MAC paint (bare canvas) for the first time. I was wondering if anyone can suggest the proper way of applying it. The technique I learned from the SA was usuing a flat brush squeeze a bit out on the top of your hand, mix it a bit, apply it to the lid and crease, then flip the brush over and start packing on the e/s before the paint dries. The paint was a tiny bit lumpy although know one can tell except me...LOL. I guess that goes with practice.

I was wondering how everone else does it and if there are easier techniques.

Thanks!!
wavey.gif

Charnelle

Every MA i've talked to told me to just apply it with your finger.
Then let it dry and then apply eyeshadow.
So that is REALLY strange..

XxTinker_BellxX

i never asked hahaha. I just seen people do it with their finger.. so i did too lol. I assume since its just used as a base it wouldnt have to go on super neat or anything... but shit, maybe you found the special way
winks.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle
Every MA i've talked to told me to just apply it with your finger.
Then let it dry and then apply eyeshadow.
So that is REALLY strange..

Really?? Maybe I'll try it your way and see which one works best for me. Your way sounds easier and less messy. Thanks alot!!

Charnelle

I don't like using brushes for paint..its a lot messier
It doesn't need to me neat ast all.
And to me when you apply it with your finger, You kind of ensure that you get more of an even coat then with the brush.

dollbabybex

fingers myself, but i find with Bare canvas ive got to REALLY blend....as its quite matte,so i start with my fingers and finish with 194 concealer brush.
but with the more shimmery formulas like Stilife and Pixel just the finger as they blend really smoothly.

MissMisah

ive tried it all!
my finger...217...concealer brush...242..252
and seriously...its definitely 252!
i convinced myself that my finger would work just as well..yada yada yada...or any other brush...just cuz i didnt wanna spend the money...but after trying it all..the best and most even application ive gotten was from 252. i seriously swear by that brush!!

pugmommy7

i use my paula dorf taklon total camouflage brush. it is a longer smooth synthetic brush and i can get exact even application. it was a pricey brush but i love it and have used it daily for one thing or another for 5 years.

Latest posts